Microsoft’s Cloud business is experiencing explosive growth, and the Capacity, Supply Chain & Provisioning (CSCP) organization is responsible for enabling the infrastructure underlying this growth. Our mission is to deliver the world’s computer with an industry-leading supply chain. CSCP is responsible for strategic sourcing, customer demand forecasting, capacity planning and management, supply chain planning and execution, capacity provisioning, and decommissioning and dispositioning of datacenter assets worldwide.
Microsoft Cloud Supply Chain and Provisioning (CSCP) is the team behind one of the World’s largest Cloud Infrastructure responsible for powering all Microsoft Products and Services as well as powering Microsoft’s “…Cloud First…” mission.
Our focus is on smart growth, high efficiency, and delivering a trusted experience to customers and partners worldwide. One of our biggest challenges has been to keep up with the infrastructure growth plans and providing smart distribution of the resources to our customer and partners. We need skilled developers with a passion for technology, a vision of the future, and sound business judgment to help drive the organization forward.
The Capacity Management team within CSCP is at the tip of the Capacity Fulfilment promise for the Microsoft cloud, building the engineering systems that are needed to address this critical problem for Microsoft. We are a dynamic team working with customers across the globe in delivering to the promise of the Microsoft cloud. Strong empathy for the customer, deep engineering and problem-solving capabilities and the ability to stay nimble and motivated through challenges brought up by the constantly growing and expanding customer base and demand are characteristics of our team.
If you are comfortable working in a start-up, enjoy incrementally marching to towards a well-defined long-term architecture, and are motivated by solving hard business process problems with technology then this could be the position for you.
- Design and implement microservices to enable real time, highly scalable, performant, and sustainable solutions
- Deliver well-tested features across many different services and platforms
- Use engineering best practices throughout the software development lifecycle to establish maintainable, reliable, and secure systems
- Manipulate, collate, and analyze complex, high dimensional data from varying sources to solve difficult problems
- Collaborate with teammates in various roles to plan and execute on key deliverables
- Work in a culture of continuous improvement, adaptation, reflection, and growth
- Learn quickly from your peers, projects, and interactions with customers
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Engineering, or related technical field
- 9+ years of professional software engineering experience designing, building, and running cloud services at large scale as a Full stack or Backend developer.
- 6+ years of experience with SQL databases or other relational database systems, including data modeling
-Hands on experience building and maintaining REST microservices using NoSQL storage or RDBMS
- Familiarity with distributed systems and event driven architectures
- Strong coding, debugging and problem solving skills
- Ability to communicate complex ideas and concepts to a variety of cross-group stakeholders
- Strong organization skills, a bias for action,and ability to deliver results
- Demonstrated ability to work efficiently, prioritize workflow, and meet demanding deadlines
- Proven ability to deal with ambiguity and drive for clarity
- Additional experience w/ data technologies like Azure Data Explorer (Kusto), Databricks, Azure HDInsight, Azure Data Lake, Data Factories, Hadoop, or Spark
Familiarity with NoSQL document stores (e.g.MongoDB, Azure Cosmos DB) and/or graph DBs.
- Experience developing solutions on big data platforms, MapReduce, and/or distributed file systems
- Experience with continuous integration and continuous deployment,Azure technologies, Power platform, Scripting languages such as PowerShell
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.