Changing the world through digital experiences is what Adobe’s all about. We give everyone—from emerging artists to global brands—everything they need to design and deliver exceptional digital experiences! We’re passionate about empowering people to create beautiful and powerful images, videos, and apps, and transform how companies interact with customers across every screen.
We’re on a mission to hire the very best and are committed to creating exceptional employee experiences where everyone is respected and has access to equal opportunity. We realize that new ideas can come from everywhere in the organization, and we know the next big idea could be yours!
- Be a technical leader as part of a distributed team that is responsible for infrastructure that processes hundreds of millions of events every day in near real-time for thousands of companies around the world
- Design, build, and support crucial B2B digital marketing platform components as a Senior Staff Software Engineer on our backend platform infrastructure team
- Help own the designing and development of the next iteration of our software to take further advantage of cloud resources and technology
What you'll Do
- Design, develop, and test (including automated, continuous integration) key components of our platform
- Design and develop systems that are highly reliable, scalable, but remain easy to maintain
- Be passionate and help improve the availability, performance, scalability, and security of the product
- Provide technical mentorship to the team, conduct design/code reviews, and drive initiatives for continuous improvements
- Lead and participate in production deployment activities of features and diagnose and resolve issues brought up from the production environment
- Identify and evaluate new technologies and help incorporate them into the technology stack
- Be an active participant in the architecture and design discussions
- Collaborate with Client Services, Operations, and other Engineering teams across the company
What you need to succeed
- 10+ years of industry software development experience
- Strong core Java, design patterns, and OOD/OOP skills
- Experience with Agile development methodologies
- Positive outlook, motivated learner, and a collaborative demeanor
- The ability to address problems, large or small, in quick time
- Proven experience in delivering high-quality, scalable software releases
- Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to lead and mentor junior team members
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field preferred
What will help you stand out from the crowd
- Industry experience with technologies such as Kafka, Spark, Hadoop, Yarn, Oozie, Zookeeper, Akka, MongoDB, and NoSQL storage systems
- Experience building a Software as a Service (SaaS) platform
- Experience with Scala or other functional languages
- Experience providing technical leadership and mentorship
- Experience building applications on cloud platforms (AWS, Azure)
Pursuant to the Colorado Fair Pay Act, below is a summary of compensation elements for this role at the company if based in Colorado.
Colorado Starting Salary: $147,800 - $192,000
At Adobe, for sales roles starting salaries are expressed as total target compensation (TTC = base + commission), and short-term incentives are in the form of sales commission plans. Non-sales roles starting salaries are expressed as base salary and short-term incentives are in the form of the Annual Incentive Plan (AIP).
In addition, certain roles may be eligible for long-term incentives in the form of a new hire equity award.