Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our Leadership Principles, which encourage colleagues to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn the trust of their co-workers. We believe that building a culture that is welcoming and inclusive is integral to people doing their best work and is essential to what we can achieve as a company. We welcome candidates from diverse backgrounds to build a supportive and inclusive workplace. We take steps to ensure our colleagues have a sense of belonging, value, and opportunity. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits to all employees and we will support flexible work and part-time options wherever we can to suit your lifestyle. You can read more about diversity and inclusion and the benefits we offer at aboutamazon.com
Amazon is looking for an exceptionally motivated and talented Senior Programme Manager with a strong customer focus to join the Amazon Fresh Stores team in the United Kingdom.
As a Senior Programme Manager, you will be the glue bringing together cross-functional teams and external partners to realize the customer-centric work Amazon is known for. This role will own Change Management for a growing business and will develop and sustain a program to capture impact from change and the flow into downstream activities. They will also own specific programmes of work related to store versioning, retrofits and capex reduction.
Everyone on the Amazon Fresh Stores team needs to be entrepreneurial, wear many hats, and work effectively in a highly collaborative, start-up environment. Our ideal candidate works backward from the customer, facilitating large-scale, multiplatform initiatives from conception through implementation. You expertly manage stakeholder expectations, due dates, budgets, and assets because insisting on the highest standards is in your DNA, and because an amazing program is made of those small details. You can balance features, documentation and process with delivering. And you have a proven track record of taking ownership and successfully delivering results through indirect influence.
The successful Programme Manager will be able to:
· Influence multiple cross-functional teams to deliver products and projects on tight deadlines. You are the centre and glue of the program, and can easily work with everyone from designers, tech developers, product managers, stakeholders and external resources to achieve results.
· Think strategically and execute methodically.
· Bring superior programme management skills and ability to assess and integrate new information and requirements into plans and schedules seamlessly.
· Build, maintain and help improve consistent mechanisms, processes, standards and playbooks to enable execution of important deliverables.
· Provide a cadence and mechanism for versioning changes to approve, track and communicate over time.
· Create and manage cost reduction plans, processes and standards across cross-functional teams working towards common goals of time, budget and specifications.
· Highlight and appropriately escalate any bottlenecks that block progress while proposing potential solutions to enable rapid decision making.
· Earn trust and credibility with stakeholders, management peers and executives.
· Provide regular, precise and effective status updates on key programs, processes and metrics.
· Work in a fast-paced environment where continuous innovation is desired.
· 5+ years’ relevant experience in positions that require analysis, reporting financial results, forecasting, budgeting, variance analysis, and data interpretation of business impact and results;
· 5+ years’ of experience successfully managing priorities and resources for customer-experience-driven teams.
· 2+ years’ experience writing executive documents and presenting to senior leaders.
· 3+ years’ managing and executing detailed project schedules. Advanced MS Office, MS Excel, and online project management tools used to track milestones across multiple stakeholders.
· University degree.
· Experience working in one or more of the following industry areas: distribution, operations or customer service change management, commercial construction (retail preferred), design/build contractor, engineering, public works/development/planning.
· Lean/Six Sigma experience or certification.
· CCMP, CMS, CPCM or other accredited Change Management certification.
· Multilingual in Spanish, German, French or Italian.
Job ID: 8928