Do you have a passion for creating new brands and growing a new business? Do you want to invent and Think Big to take an idea from concept to reality for Amazon customers? Join the exciting Accelerator Program in the EU Hardlines Private Brands team, that enables vendors and manufacturers to create new brands exclusively for Amazon’s customers. We create brands for products that span categories like consumer electronics, home, lawn and garden, sports, automotive, baby and pet products and focus on delivering great value to customers across various Amazon programs.
We are looking for an entrepreneurial, analytical, and customer obsessed Senior Product Manager who can think big and develop a 3 year strategy for a business, and also roll up their sleeves and get things done. The ideal candidate is passionate about products, has strong product development and process design skills as well as outstanding project management abilities. They should excel in both strategic thinking and tactical execution, as responsibilities range from creating business plans to driving product development, and must possess strong analytical skills to drive growth of their P&Ls. The ideal candidate is also comfortable dealing with ambiguity and working in an entrepreneurial, start-up environment. The Senior PM will interact with and influence multiple teams across the organization, in the EU and globally.
In this role, you will be in charge of:
· Developing the vision and strategy for identifying, engaging, and developing world-class hardlines manufacturers for the European market
· Recruiting and growing brands and owning key aspects of the program including supplier onboarding, cost negotiations and product pricing
· Delivering top and bottom line growth for categories in scope, analyzing key P&L metrics, implementing actions to improve product performance and supply chain efficiency, and managing the product lifecycle and P&L end-to-end
· Designing and implementing new processes to help scale the business
· Understanding market trends and identifying new product development opportunities and bringing them to market
· Partnering with retail, cross-functional teams like marketing, supply chain, legal, compliance, business operations and international Accelerator teams
· Developing requirements for and partnering with tech teams for automating program processes
· University degree required, ideally in a technical, business or analytical discipline
· 6+ years of work experience, with 3+ years in consumer facing product development experience
· Proven track record of managing and executing large projects from start to finish, including project management, data gathering and modeling, problem solving, and communicating recommendations
· High attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
· Strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to influence across teams
· Strong analytical skills with experience using qualitative and quantitative tools to develop product strategies
· Master's degree
· Additional European language skills
· Proficiency with SQL
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
Job ID: 8877