Amazon is currently seeking a Senior Operations Manager, a key position in the Amazon team. Professionals in this team are responsible for optimising our fulfilment, transportation, sortation and delivery network. You will be expected to display sound leadership in order to properly maximise the weekly, monthly and annual performance of this key operation. Come and join us as, together, we make history.
First and foremost, you’ll need to be Customer Obsessed (one of our key Leadership Principles – working vigorously with all clients and customers until a solution is reached, a goal is achieved or an expectation met – or exceeded!
You’ll need to build a deep understanding of our operations, while being constantly on the lookout for continuous improvement opportunities. Moreover, upon identifying positive process change for our business, you’ll play a pivotal role in implementing any solutions and changes.
Therefore, from day one you’ll have an impact on both our efficiency and the level of service we provide to our customers. As Senior Operations Manager, you’ll be constantly looking to exceed productivity goals, while developing and maintaining a reliable and resilient operations team.
Day-to-day, you will ensure site practices are fully compliant with legislation and policy. You’ll achieve this through monitoring, accountability, auditing and reviewing all practices that fall under your professional remit. You’ll be expected to rise to the challenge of participating in initiatives across Amazon’s busy Operations department. From time-to-time, in cross-functional process and business improvement projects.
Finally, you’ll manage and drive staffing plans, schedules, quality initiatives, performance levels and process change initiatives as they impact upon your team’s sphere of influence.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
· You have a Bachelors degree or equivalent qualification,
· You have significant team leadership experience from a managerial position in the transportation delivery industry, or a similar fast-paced logistics environment,
· You have a strong business judgment, with a track record of successfully delivering quantifiable results,
· You have proven analytical thinking, project management skills, exceptional organisational abilities, as well as great attention to detail,
· You are able to think clearly, analyse quantitatively, problem-solve, support and adhere to scope of requirements and, above all, prioritise effectively,
· You also have an entrepreneurial mindset, with the tenacity to develop ideas independently while thriving in a fast-paced environment,
· A solid understanding of carrier operations, in a fast-paced setting,
· You have a strong Bias for Action: this role is fundamentally about managing and driving production and process improvement through efficiency and change,
· You possess a demonstrated ability to manage, motivate and influence work behaviours,
· Solid working knowledge of Lean techniques, such as Kaizen and/or Six Sigma methodologies,
· Excellent communication skills with the ability to confidently liaise with stakeholders at all levels of seniority,
· Strong Excel and data analysis skills are required, along with demonstrated problem solving and analytical capabilities,
· Demonstrated ability to manage detail, establish root cause, as well as being able to extract and manipulate data,
· You’re willing and able to work flexible, non-traditional schedules and shifts; you always commit the time required to get the job done,
We’re looking forward to receiving your application preferably in English.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
Amazon takes your personal data protection seriously and respects EU and local data protection laws. Unless you express otherwise, by submitting your CV you authorize the hiring Amazon company to store your personal data in the electronic database maintained by Amazon Corporate LLC. in the USA or one of its affiliates for the purpose of assessing your suitability for this and future job vacancies and to pursue your recruiting process.
If at any time you want your personal data to be deleted, you simply need to notify the hiring Amazon company. Amazon will not share your personal data with any third party without your prior consent. As part of your interview process with Amazon you may be asked to authorize the hiring Amazon company to separately verify your application data and personal background through a third party service provider.
Job ID: 16154