Changing the world through digital experiences is what Adobe’s all about. We give everyone—from emerging artists to global brands—everything they need to design and deliver exceptional digital experiences! We’re passionate about empowering people to create beautiful and powerful images, videos, and apps, and transform how companies interact with customers across every screen.
We’re on a mission to hire the very best and are committed to creating exceptional employee experiences where everyone is respected and has access to equal opportunity. We realize that new ideas can come from everywhere in the organization, and we know the next big idea could be yours!
In this role, your main responsibilities will be to provide direction, support and recommendations for the resolution of critical and impactful employee relations activities. You will provide consultation and coaching to Americas Region based managers and employees in related areas such as (but not limited to): workplace investigations, sophisticated performance management, conflict resolution, position eliminations, critical exit matters and employee wellbeing concerns. You will be required to build strong partnerships and work closely with all levels of management, the Employee Experience Business Partners, Adobe Employment Counsel, Internal Partners and Centers of Excellence (COEs) with the goal of driving high employee engagement and thoughtful resolutions.
What you'll Do
- Demonstrate an ability to have a solid understanding of company policy, culture and values, and use that understanding to: make recommendations about the resolution of sophisticated and unique employment related issues; and, support vital interactions between managers and employees to drive positive outcomes
- Engage as a trusted adviser and subject matter authority who provides coaching on critical work-related concerns related (but not limited to): workplace investigations, performance concerns, conflict resolution and critical exit matters
- Lead internal investigations in compliance and employee related matters, recommend solutions, and support with the facilitation of the resolution
- Partner with managers on sophisticated performance matters and assess progress; coach managers and employees through corrective action and disciplinary actions
- Support and counsel on employee wellbeing concerns as they arise
- Participate in projects, as requested
What you need to succeed
- Experience leading multiple, concurrent, high-priority employee relations activities with a focus on providing clear guidance and timely and consistent execution
- 8+ years of experience working in an Employee Relations and/or HR Business Partner role, with a proven ability to conduct workplace investigations
- Ability to review concerns holistically, anticipate potential issues and diagnose the root cause through active listening and conscientious inquiry
- Effective in detailing and documenting case notes, investigation summaries, and correspondence with employees and partners
- Ability to work both autonomously and as a team, while developing strong professional relationships with peers, managers, executives, and cross-functional teams across diverse organizations
- Demonstrate commitment to helping employees and managers be successful and achieving those results in alignment with what we value
- Solid understanding and capability to communicate about Federal, State and Local regulations; ADA and Leave of Absence
- Bachelors required. JD or Masters preferred. Employment Law background, SHRM PHR or equivalent Human Resources certification a plus.
Pursuant to the Colorado Fair Pay Act, below is a summary of compensation elements for this role at the company if based in Colorado.
Colorado Starting Salary: $84,700 - $110,000
At Adobe, for sales roles starting salaries are expressed as total target compensation (TTC = base + commission), and short-term incentives are in the form of sales commission plans. Non-sales roles starting salaries are expressed as base salary and short-term incentives are in the form of the Annual Incentive Plan (AIP).
In addition, certain roles may be eligible for long-term incentives in the form of a new hire equity award.