Ansell is a leading global provider of protection solutions. Our company designs, develops and manufactures a wide range of protection solutions that meet the ever-changing needs and demands of our markets and industries. Protection is our primary concern as millions of people around the world depend on Ansell in their professional and personal lives.
Our vision is to create a world where people can enjoy optimal protection against the risk they are exposed to. Whether at work or during their leisure time, people require the right protection for the right application. After all, what better guarantee is there than increased safety, security and productivity than through adequate protection.
POST OF SENIOR CHEMIST (OPEN INNOVATION) -RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT, IGBU
Open Innovation Chemist reports to associate director R&D. Lead role is conduct initial R&D work and gives feedback for new technologies, new materials introduced by Open innovation manager while supporting NPD, PPM projects and other activities in R&D department. He further responsible to bring and establish new technologies, materials, processes & new concepts.
- Communicate with innovation manager to introduced new technologies, materials, processes & new concepts.
- Conduct laboratory trials and pilot plant trials for new technologies, new materials That introduced by innovation manager.
- Responsible for introduction of new glove technology and process technology into the Ansell group
- Conduct the plant trials and validation before launching the product/existing NPDs.
- Preparation of protocols and reports on time and arrange the meeting with relevant department before and after any trail & validation.
- Responsible for coordinating and arranging of samples for lab testing, field trails, application testing, panel testing & VOC.
- Review the laboratory test results, field test results, application test results in order to ensure that they are align with product expectations
- Preparation of PPS for new products with the coordination of marketing, QA & RA teams.
- Documentation and maintenance of all information relevant to plant trials and validations. Maintain updated design and development history file for NPDs.
- Coordinate R&D department and other relevant sections for product development purpose.
- Actively involved in executing, process improvement and troubleshooting activities of new products, up to product maturity stage.
- Transfer the new product knowledge to the R&D team and manufacturing team.
- Supervise, train and guide the down the line team and ensuring the project is meeting the deadlines.
- Strictly adhere to guidelines regarding health and safety. Ensure to maintain good housekeeping practices in R&D center
- Ensure quality communication and relationship between Operation teams and other R&D centers
- Ensure the confidentiality in organizational proprietary
KEY POSITION REQUIREMENTS
- MSc: & Bachelor of Science in Chemistry, Physical Science, Polymer science
- Minimum (5-10) years’ experience in glove industry with NBR formulation development and other coating technologies
Knowledge and Skills
- Research & development knowledge.
- Glove manufacturing knowledge.
- Polymer technology knowledge.
- Communication skill.
- Problem solving skill.
- Organization and planning skill.
- Good Knowledge in MS Excel, Word & PowerPoint
Desirable Job Competencies
- Result Oriented.
- High commitment level.
- High Proactivity.