East Plant Quality Manager
This is an Exempt position.
This position is a leadership role within the East Plant team. The position provides proactive leadership in the development, implementation, execution, and performance of the Quality Systems to ensure products meet the quality and food safety standards. In addition to leading efforts for the plant, the position manages compliance within the quality team as the direct manager.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provides support and guidance for day to day decision making regarding quality/food safety impacts on products
- Supports training activities regarding Quality and Food Safety
- Establishes goals and monitors metrics that support Quality and Food Safety
- Manages, plans, implements, and continuously improves programs and procedures
- Leads the Cost of Poor Quality (COPQ) initiative and drives improvement within the plants, reducing quality and food safety related costs
- Develops, implements and monitors quality verification programs within the plants
- Facilitates all Management Review Meetings within the plants
- Works with operations to ensure products meet quality and food safety standards and provides guidance as needed
- Provides product disposition for ready to eat products.
- Reports key performance indicators to Quality COE and East Plant leadership teams.
- Leads customer audits and other forms of customer communication requested from the plant.
- Leads compliance and regulatory audits.
- Leads a team of Quality Technicians that are responsible for the quality and food safety programs to ensure compliance with ADM, regulatory, and customer requirements.
- Provides quality training to new hires, contractors, and refresher training as needed and maintains training records.
- Maintains the food safety plans, ensures control points are being handles per the program requirements, risk assessments are accurate and up to date as the lead PCQI coordinator at the facility.
- Leads product recalls from the plant level with guidance from divisional resources when necessary.
- Develops and maintains Quality Programs.
- Preferred 4 year degree or equivalent 7 year Food Safety experience and PCQI trained
- Prior laboratory experience / knowledge of laboratory procedures.
- Working knowledge of Document Management, spreadsheets, Excel and data bases.
- Knowledge of applicable food regulations and requirements.
- Ability to make decisions based on information and data available.
- Ability to work as a team member and provide training.
- Employees in this position may be exposed to various potential chemical and food allergens due to the nature of our business and the requirements of the job. If there is any reason such exposure would interfere with your ability to perform this role or work at the location, please notify the hiring manager.
Relocation assistance is available with this position.
This position offers a complete benefit package, including 401K/ESOP, pension, health, life and dental insurance.
ADM requires the successful completion of applicable pre-employment drug screen, medical questionnaire and a background check.
At ADM, we unlock the power of nature to provide access to nutrition worldwide. With industry-advancing innovations, a complete portfolio of ingredients and solutions to meet any taste, and a commitment to sustainability, we give customers an edge in solving the nutritional challenges of today and tomorrow. We’re a global leader in human and animal nutrition and the world’s premier agricultural origination and processing company. Our breadth, depth, insights, facilities and logistical expertise give us unparalleled capabilities to meet needs for food, beverages, health and wellness, and more. From the seed of the idea to the outcome of the solution, we enrich the quality of life the world over. Learn more at www.adm.com.
ADM is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability and veterans status.