Project Controls Apprentice are required to work on one of two current Bechtel Projects whilst embarking on a Project Controls Apprenticeship Program administered by a recognised Training Provider currently being used by Bechtel.
Our Partner: has started on an ambitious rollout of Fibre to the Home (across England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland. Bechtel’s role on the project is as the Delivery Partner who will support the scaling-up of their capability and the management of multiple work sites, contractors and stakeholders and enhancing the existing delivery organization, plus a core function to up-skill the team and supply chain partners before and during contract execution. The engagement will allow the client to build capability in a sustainable manner, that allows them to meet the demands of their ambitious rollout programme.
Primary responsibilities include:
(1) Assisting each of the project’s Engineering, Construction and Project Controls (PC) teams in implementing and maintaining Bechtel’s PC processes and the identification of potential improvements for the customer’s consideration.
(2) Supporting the development of these process and quality improvements to improve efficiency in the delivery of the scope.
In addition to these primary responsibilities, the role entails:
· Support to the Bechtel Leads to manage the work in accordance with project procedures and coordinate with engineering, construction, contracts, project controls, permitting and other site based resources on any constructability issues and with third parties to ensure that the project deliverables fully comply with the scope definition
· Perform work, generally within one discipline, which involves the interpretation or review of specifications, plans, investigations, surveys, structures, equipment planning, estimating, scheduling or cost control.
· A good demonstration of IT skills and a keenness to learn and work with Microsoft Excel and other data reporting tools and other Bechtel Project Controls Tools as pat of the role.
· Participate in one or more of the following:
o Reviewing and checking designs, drawings and data by other engineers or by suppliers
o Review of engineering studies and reports
o Monitoring of Contractor’s work execution to ensure safe work practices are used
o Review of material quantity estimates
o Report on Contractor work progress against plan and review quality of work.
o Monitoring site work and rectifying any ES&H issues identified.
o Assist in preparation of forecasts, quantity take-offs and change orders.
o Contribute to Weekly Progress Reports
o Identify potential risks and issues, and provide effective technical solutions to mitigate these risks
· An Average of 6 or above in GCSE Core Subjects of Maths, English, Chemistry and Physics.
· Desirable knowledge and interest in design and construction of utility networks and/or large-scale infrastructure programmes occurring within the public domain
· Previous knowledge of coordinating and managing activities and interactions with multiple group or stakeholders
· Willingness and ability to travel to and remain at offices or jobsites located across the U.K.
· UK driving license preferred
Bechtel’s internal staffing policy includes the minimum time that you need to be in your current position before applying to a new position. Please refer to the applicable policy manual and ensure you meet the minimum requirements.
Job ID: 57