EU ATS (Amazon Transportation Services) is a high-powered creative team which is shaping the transportation planning and execution within the Middle Mile operations network. This team develops and applies innovative transportation management concepts to improve and enhance the transportation network and bring the best customer experience through reliability and cost efficiencies
The EU ATS TOM (Transportation Operations Management) is looking for a Program Manager to own and implement strategic, cross-functional yard management initiatives. These initiatives will impact EU Fulfillment Centers and Sort Centers.
About the role
The TOM team focuses on coordinating the yard activities in the Fulfillment centers and Sort centers across EU. This team is the interface between Amazon Sites and the Supply Chain & Transportation organizations. As a Program Manager you will be working on a work-stream to better simulate and predict yard risks. You will work on ambiguous and complex problems to deliver actionable results and collaborate with other teams to maximize impact. To be effective in this role, you need to utilize business insights and analytical skills to influence teams' understanding of how they can improve yard management processes. The role is inherently cross-functional and the responsibilities include working across organizations and engaging with other Program Managers, Operations Leadership, Data Scientists, Design, Finance and the Senior Leadership team.
· Own program management activities and metrics for the EU Transportation Operation Management.
· Set and clarify the business requirements and targets with the TOM Team, Site Leadership and Supply Chain/Transportation organizations.
· Document and analyze standard and new yard processes.
· Identify, test and validate innovative solutions to improve yard processes to meet and exceed the business requirements.
· Work with teams across EU region to build and secure alignment from stakeholders.
· Travel to some sites to launch pilots.
· Completed Bachelor's or Masters’ Degree
· Knowledge of data mining, business analytics and data-driven decision making skills.
· Past experience in building, validating and testing analytical/statistical models.
· Past experience developing scalable solutions, guiding from ideation to completion.
· Past experience collaborating and effectively communicating (written & verbal) with senior management, technology teams, and international stakeholders
· Fluent in English.
· Master’s Degree or similar education in Transportation, Logistics, Supply Chain, or a similar related discipline.
· Experience with lean process, kaizen, six sigma, and process improvement.
· Data Analysis proficiency. Some level of expertise in SQL, advanced Excel.
Job ID: 15987