Job Summary: Under limited supervision, moves railcars and directs trucks into proper loading position and inspects shipping containers prior to loading. Loader will adjust valves, pumps, and load spouts to transfer wet and/ or dry product from storage tanks to railcars and trucks and completes necessary paperwork.
Essential Job Functions
• Inspect trucks and rail cars to insure adherence with ADM loading requirements. Completes necessary documents and inspection reports.
• Clean rail car interiors and loading tanks using standard cleaning materials and procedures.
• Operate valves, pumps, and filler pipes in order to transfer wet and dry products from storage to transportation equipment.
• Sample product and seals trucks and railcars upon completion of loading to insure correct content, volume, and weights.
• Operate a rail locomotive for loading and placement or cars within rail yard.
• Complete related records of product transferred, insuring the accuracy of such records and inputs related data into a computer.
• Notify department supervisor of the needed repairs (and document need to repair department equipment).
• Inspect and performs prevent maintenance duties on department equipment.
• Maintain food-grade sanitation standards throughout assigned facilities. Insures cleanliness through regular cleaning which may include shoveling, sweeping and washing of floors and equipment.
• Must communicate effectively and work well with other departments, traffic department, office staff and plant security personnel.
• Work closely with the other loaders to insure efficient coordination of assigned tasks.
• Perform duties in a safe manner, utilizing all approved safety equipment, and successfully completes all safety training and certification requirements.
• May perform reasonably similar or related duties as assigned.
• Previous factory experience (preferred).
•Strong safety performance and value for safety
• Have a general understanding of how to use a computer and email.
• Communicate effectively through speech and writing along with other mediums such as email.
• Must stay motivated and show initiative to complete tasks under limited supervision.
• Display quality work through strong attention to detail.
• Correctly operate motorized and electric equipment.
• Work with a team orientation by coordinating efforts with colleagues to complete tasks effectively.
• Work overtime as necessary.
• Meet requests of supervision including but not limited to the essential functions listed.
• Utilize all equipment such as DCS panel, computer, process equipment, quality control instruments, forklift and other equipment in a correct manner for its created purpose.
• Ability to work in extreme temperatures
• Ability to lift fifty pounds routinely, climb stairs and ladders, and work at high elevations This position offers a complete benefit package, including 401K/ESOP, pension, health, life, vision, and dental insurance.
Relocation assistance is not available with this position. ADM requires the successful completion of all required pre-employment screenings.
At ADM, we unlock the power of nature to provide access to nutrition worldwide. With industry-advancing innovations, a complete portfolio of ingredients and solutions to meet any taste, and a commitment to sustainability, we give customers an edge in solving the nutritional challenges of today and tomorrow. We’re a global leader in human and animal nutrition and the world’s premier agricultural origination and processing company. Our breadth, depth, insights, facilities and logistical expertise give us unparalleled capabilities to meet needs for food, beverages, health and wellness, and more. From the seed of the idea to the outcome of the solution, we enrich the quality of life the world over. Learn more at www.adm.com.
ADM is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability and veterans status.