The primary focus of this position is to manage the external supplier supply of purchased products to the AGCO manufacturing assembly line build plan requirements while achieving defined inventory levels.
Essential Position Functions:
1. Support and attain defined inventory levels for purchased components in support of an optimized inventory balance.
2. Develop material release quantities with suppliers consistent with company inventory policy.
3. Analyze requirements from site MRP System and note and correct discrepancies when appropriate.
4. Work with internal and external groups to reduce inventory levels required to support assembly requirements.
5. Communicate requirements forecast to the supplier in order meet delivery schedules consistent with production schedule.
6. Work with suppliers to identify and resolve any potential future supply challenges.
7. Resolve component supply issues related to supplier quality problem and inventory discrepancies.
8. Uses internal expedite reports and make necessary contacts to ensure supplier delivery performance meet commitments and expectations.
9. Meet with suppliers to resolve performance related issues and drive improved delivery performance.
10. Implement engineering changes to minimize obsolete materials both internally and externally.
11. Control use of inbound freight and premium freight to minimize costs.
12. Identify excess, distressed, and obsolete inventory and implement plans to disposition it.
13. Resolve quantity and receiving discrepancies on supplier invoices.
14. Troubleshoot system weaknesses, propose and implement remedies.
15. Identify, propose, and implement system improvements/enhancements.
16. Drive supplier electronic ordering programs like EDI or web based to help improve operating efficiencies.
17. Other duties as assigned.