Job Description – Spring by Citi – Client Operations Readiness Lead – C13 - VP
Overview - Brief Description of the Organization
Citi, the leading global financial services company, has some 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 100 countries, providing consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, and wealth management. Additional information may be found at www.citigroup.com or www.citi.com.
Spring by Citi is a payments unit launching in Citi’s Treasury and Trade Solutions (TTS), a business that processes over $4 trillion daily, across the globe. Based on the foundation of the industry's largest proprietary network with banking licenses in over 90 countries and globally integrated technology platforms, TTS continues to lead the way in offering the industry's most comprehensive range of digitally enabled treasury, trade and liquidity management solutions.
Spring by Citi will enable digital commerce for clients by providing streamlined access to locally relevant payment methods. Our goal is simple: help customer-centric institutions build seamless experiences that increase sales conversion while mitigating risk. To that end, Spring by Citi brings together varying objectives of corporate treasury, payments and the business, delivering value to each part of their organization. The solution will be integrated with wider cash management needs, giving clients single window access to a globally consistent proposition.
The successful candidate will work in Global Operations and Service readiness team and will be responsible for the Business analysis and implementation of large and complex solutions while managing changes/projects. Complex solutions involve the development of new product capability, which require technology and new operational process development. Therefore, the candidate will have the management skills needed to succeed in a complex organisational environment with shifting priorities while managing stakeholder expectations and the delivery of the projects.
The role involves managing senior stakeholder communication internally and with senior clients. Therefore, the individual will have the ability to interface with senior TTS Management teams and interact with senior stakeholders. Knowledge and experience in the acquiring business is extremely desirable.
- Responsible for partnering with the Global Product management to define product strategy and vision for Global e-commerce Digital Merchant Acquiring
- Act as the Agile Product Owner for Operations and Service team during development sprints and daily stand ups, promoting a high level of collaboration to Business design system and processes.
- Participate in Agile feature enhancement, story refinement, delivery planning, acceptance testing, 'Show n Tell' of working software and retrospectives.
- Responsible for creating Business Process through System design and achieve optimum operations and service execution.
- Help deliver new payment method launch in e-commerce Payment gateway service across the merchant acquiring value chain involving On-boarding, settlement, API Reporting, Billing.
- Involved in building and leading cross functional teams in a global, matrix environment across multiple geographies.
- Align leadership, stakeholders (internal and external) and programme team members to the strategic objectives of the programme.
- Review and approve test design for User Acceptance Testing, Certification and other validation exercise.
- Conduct Process walkthroughs, procedure and training artefacts reviews, and arranging knowledge sharing sessions with operations and Service teams spanned across locations.
- Identify opportunities for process improvements and contribute to department initiatives to implement process enhancements.
- Develop and maintain a customized project plan tailored to project requirements, outlining deliverables, milestones, critical path items and actions
- Establish appropriate governance model (in partnership with Product and Technology) to deliver the project
- Lead meetings and coordinate activities of the cross-organizational teams
- Maintain solid relationships with key client and internal stakeholders
- Manage critical issues to resolution and escalate to senior management as required.
- Manage project communication and serve as escalation point for internal operations teams
- Manage project scope and apply the change control process.
- Ensure effective transition from project to production
- Support of operational issues that may occur from time to time.
- Proven track record of successful implementations of complex, multi-product deal portfolios
- Project Management experience in running complex implementations that require new product functionality/product development
- Proven track record of consistently strong performance and excellent project delivery
- Wide organisational knowledge and cross-functional team work experience to deliver multi-work stream projects
- Ability to analyse and solve complex problems; strong influence skills
- Card Acquiring/Issuing Bank Operation and Service
- Understanding of VISA and Mastercard products, implementation experience
- Understanding of reconciliation processes
- Project Management (Certification or relevant job experience preferable)
- Self-starter and ability to take initiative in driving projects forward
- Excellent organisational and planning skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Negotiation and decision making/problem solving skills
- Ability to work under high-volume workload and prioritise in an effective manner
- Ability to effectively manage and navigate through multi-faceted disciplines throughout the Bank.
- Analytical thinker
- Ability to affect people positively
- Good negotiator
- Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
- Valuing diversity. Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organizational success.
- Education Level:Bachelor’s/University degree, Master’s degree is a plus