The position is described below. If you want to apply, click the Apply button at the top or bottom of this page. You'll be required to create an account or sign in to an existing one.
If you have a disability and need assistance with the application, you can request a reasonable accommodation. Send an email to Accessibility or call 877-891-2510 (accommodation requests only; other inquiries won't receive a response).
Regular or Temporary:
Language Fluency: English (Required)
1st shift (United States of America)
This role serves as key focal point for the development of a sales culture within Truist Wealth. The National Sales Director will use a multi-prong approach to facilitate advisor growth through high-impact sales initiatives, practice management consulting, advice delivery and proven sales processes. [W1]ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
1. Develop and implement holistic sales strategy for Truist Wealth, to include all sales channels (Wealth Advisors, Wealth Brokerage and Specialty Groups)
2. Promote all Truist Wealth key initiatives both internally and externally, supporting executive management; serve as a Truist Wealth culture ambassador
3. Facilitate the implementation of a universal sales process that positions client-facing activities, referral processes and the delivery of advice and product solutions. The sales process should incorporate financial planning as a key component or foundation block of all activities.
4. Develop and manage a national sales team that provides sales leadership and practice management coaching to advisors and teams nominated by sales leaders throughout Truist Wealth.
5. Establish a process for National Sales teammates to work directly with Truist Wealth sales leadership to address the specific needs within a specific geographic territory.
6. Oversee the execution of coaching cohorts delivering direct in-market training.
7. Approve curriculum and practice management techniques utilized by the Practice Management Consultants.
8. Develop metrics to track progress of advisors participating in coaching engagements.
9. Work with other Truist Sales Strategy and Execution leadership to deliver a premier advisor and client experience. Support client segmentation and the utilization of referral pathways to enhance overall enterprise growth.
10. Implement specific strategies that provide sales leadership to all Wealth teammates (conference calls, playbooks, training programs, seminars, etc.); collaborate with advice and product groups
11. Conduct an ongoing office-calling program to gather ongoing feedback from client-facing teammates and to provide a senior leadership presence throughout our system.
12. Provide direct support of specialized areas within Truist Wealth that enrich the client experience to include specialty groups and enterprise partners focused on specific market segments, etc.
13. Serve as the key contact for strategic partners leveraging resources that impact sales and the development of advisors.
14. Coordinate third party fund company engagement, content and financial contribution.
15. Partner with sales leadership to lead annual advisor business and client planning.
16. Be a brand leader and support all efforts to drive market presence of Truist. Specifically support the adoption and marketing of the Investment Advisory Group which provides investment direction/thought leadership to all client-facing associates of Truist Wealth.
17. Contribute to key initiatives such as Diversity and Inclusion.
18. Represent Truist Wealth at industry events such as SIFMA and other trade organizations.
19. Attract, develop and retain a talented and diverse workforce.
20. Develop and execute effective risk management techniques including effective and compliant business and sales practices.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Bachelor's degree or equivalent education and related training
2. Ten years of broker/dealer or financial services industry experience, with progressively more responsibility that includes five years of experience in managing high performing teams
3. Strong understanding of retail brokerage and advisory products, services, operations and systems
4. Proven ability to act as a liaison between product, operational and technical groups
5. High level of business acumen, including successful P&L management and the ability to balance the delivery of programs against the realities of a budget
6. Excellent analytical, problem-solving, organizational and communication skills
7. Evidence of the ability to consistently make good decisions through a combination of analysis, wisdom, experience, collaboration and judgment
8. Ability to think strategically, anticipating future consequences and trends and incorporating them into the organizational plan
9. Demonstrated ability to negotiate and persuade others
10. Ability to prioritize tasks and work well under pressure
11. Ability to effectively build organization and staff capacity, thereby developing a top-notch workforce and the processes that ensure the organization runs smoothly
12. Ability to keep abreast of, understand and communicate changing regulatory rules and procedures
13. Strong public speaking skills
14. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups and/or boards of directors
15. Licensed to behave as a principal, including Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) series 7, 66 (or 63/65), and 24
16. Demonstrated proficiency in basic computer applications such as Microsoft Office software products
1. Master's degree in Business, Law or Accounting
2. Other professional designations
Truist supports a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer who does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or other classification protected by law. Drug Free Workplace.
Thank you for your interest in Truist! BB&T and SunTrust have come together in a transformational merger of equals to create Truist, the premier financial organization in the country. You may notice references to our legacy company names, BB&T and SunTrust, in places throughout this site. All such references should be understood to refer to Truist moving forward while we continue to transition to the Truist name.