Changing the world through digital experiences is what Adobe’s all about. We give everyone—from emerging artists to global brands—everything they need to design and deliver exceptional digital experiences! We’re passionate about empowering people to create beautiful and powerful images, videos, and apps, and transform how companies interact with customers across every screen.
We’re on a mission to hire the very best and are committed to creating exceptional employee experiences where everyone is respected and has access to equal opportunity. We realize that new ideas can come from everywhere in the organization, and we know the next big idea could be yours!
We are looking for an outstanding candidate with a passion for technology and building imaging and photography experiences that delight customers. This individual will work within a fast-paced, agile environment with a customer-focused research and engineering team. In this position, you will play a key role in productizing research ideas to build "Adobe Magic" in Photoshop and digital imaging applications.
What you'll Do
- Responsible for research and development of imaging, computer vision and machine learning algorithms.
- Collaborate with researchers, developers, UI designers, product managers, quality engineers and customers to convert research projects into polished features.
- Collect and curate data, train deep learning models, optimize them and deploy them on multiple platforms and surfaces.
- Do ML model conversion to platform specific inferencing frameworks such as CoreML, WinML, ONNX, etc.
- Do model optimization and compression to build lightweight and performant models suitable for mobile and on-device deployment.
- Come up with new and innovative ideas to implement imaging features that will work well across desktop, mobile and web environments.
- Develop cross-platform modular software libraries and systems for AI/ML and imaging technologies.
- Identify performance bottlenecks and optimize different aspects of technology pipelines on CPU and/or GPU.
- Write design and architectural specs.
- Participate in formal and informal code and design reviews.
- Bring energy, flexibility, focus and excellence to all projects and assignments.
- Take initiative, seek new challenges, and acquire necessary knowledge and skills to get the job done.
What you need to succeed
- MS or PhD in Computer Science or a related field with focus on computer vision or machine learning preferred.
- 3+ years of applied research, ML algorithm and software development experience with proven track record of designing, implementing, and delivering high quality solutions.
- Proven track record of research in computer vision and machine learning domains, specifically deep learning and GAN (Generated Adversarial Network) modeling.
- Knowledge and experience with one or more popular machine learning inference frameworks such as WinML, ONNX runtime, PyTorch, Tensorflow (Lite) needed.
- Proficient in modern C/C++, Python and Matlab
- Experience with parallelization, multi-core programming and vectorization on CPU/GPU a plus
- Solid foundation in computer science fundamentals, object-oriented programming, design patterns and software engineering standard methodologies desirable.
- Excellent problem-solving & analytical skills.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Passion for creating high quality applications users love.