A. ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
Objectives: Responsible for in-scope processes related to one or multiple Citi lines of business within the centralized Tax Information Reporting function in FRSS. This position supports the reduction/elimination of Citi's franchise & regulatory risk through accurate and timely reporting and enhanced due diligence on customer accounts. The incumbent is expected to migrate information reporting work from various sub-units within the Business Line into FRSS; this process includes training and job shadowing, building documentation such as procedures and process flows, and identifies gaps in the process based on IRS regulations. In addition, the incumbent will support a specific business vertical and is expected to develop and enhance their product knowledge within a short timeframe.
This position will work in a team-oriented environment.
Core Responsibilities: • Act as a tax / information reporting specialist to execute the FATCA, CRS advisory/
rollout, Systems conversions/rollouts.
• Executes the tax information reporting processes to products issued by Citi’s business
• Migration of work into our centralized hub
• Develop "Go To" processes and implement appropriate procedures/ controls to
ensure consistent compliance with Information Reporting & FATCA requirements
• Manage the BAU TIR functions and develop the technology capability of the
individuals in the process supported
• Be the change agent and manage the regulatory changes and assist the team with the
changing the processes or developing the new ones as the case may be
• Participate in the Robotic Process Automation initiatives .
• Tax form validation for CRS and FATCA and operations covering 1042s, 1099 ,
FATCA, CRS reporting.
• Support FRO's Service Delivery / Engagement model with client constituency and other
• Identify and participate in process reengineering & redesign to achieve better controls,
compliance and efficiency
• Support audits with IRS and Internal Audit (IA), and any other special audits.
• Participate in self-assessment testing, MCA, SOX controls as well as any audits with IRS
Or Citi's IA.
• Ensure tight controls over owned processes to include key controls and COB
• Review, validate and process W-8 and W-9 tax forms and related documentation
according to IRS Chapter 3, chapter 61, Section 3406 and FATCA regulations
• Support Technology projects from a technical tax perspective • •
• Contribute towards departmental requirement to adhere to strict regulatory and
Compliance requirements, per IRS and Citi policy.
• Perform reviews of written tax policy and procedures, research and respond to
inquiries from operational areas
• Handle Tax reporting for US and Non US legislations.
Key Deliverables: 1.FATCA/CRS reconciliation and reporting
2.1042s/1099 reconciliation and reporting
3. Analytics and Commentary
4. Project Related delivery