Job Description and Qualifications
Air Products and Chemicals, Inc. (NYSE:APD), a Fortune 500 manufacturer of industrial gases has an immediate opening for a Learning Leader Organization Development & Americas located at our global headquarters in Allentown, PA or in South America.
This role is accountable for providing organization development expertise globally as well as learning and development consultancy to the Americas Region. The role works closely with HR partners, business leaders and external consultants to identify needs at a global and regional level, develop learning and organization development strategy and facilitate sustainable interventions that meet the needs of the business.
The leader contributes to the development of the global learning and organization development strategy, and specifically the Americas learning strategy, establishing clear strategic priorities within this. The role defines the perspective, methodologies, and practices for AP’s approach to organization development and recruits and develops a small internal consultancy team in this. Stakeholder management and client relationships are critical to effectiveness in role. The job holder works closely with senior business stakeholders as well as CoE and Regional HRBP colleagues.
What you’ll do:
- Work in partnership with the Americas HR team to develop regional learning and capability development strategy to support local business needs.
- Lead the development and facilitation of learning initiatives using a variety of approaches including blended learning using digital earning programs and virtually delivered events, as well as experiential approaches such as action learning, action inquiry, immersive simulations, large group events to support business objectives.
- Facilitate business leaders and business learning leads to identify needs and propose learning solutions, ensuring alignment with company learning strategy and strategic business imperatives.
- Lead the coordination of regular business learning communications, ensure the sharing of suggestions for improving learning processes are updated to enhance the learning experience
- Create and build out an AP center of excellence in organization development based on an understanding of the company’s context, challenges, and future direction.
- Together with the Global Director of Learning and Capability Development, create an OD Strategy that enables the delivery of global and regional business strategy and higher purpose. Ensure strategy is fully resourced and addresses organizational, cultural, and geographic constraints.
- Support the Global Director of Learning and Capability Development in defining and articulating values, perspectives and methodologies on organization and organization change that are contextually relevant and address the specific challenges faced by the company.
- Contribute to the hiring and building of a small internal team of OD practitioners that is aligned, willing and capable of delivering against the values, perspectives, and methodologies. Help to define team standards and expectations and provide coaching and on job development to team members.
- Provide OD thought leadership to the Global organization, including Group HR, and find creative ways of winning stakeholder commitment to our approach to OD.
- Support leaders in developing change and communication plans to implement effective complex change efforts considering the change readiness of the organization
- Enable multi-cultural teams to work together effectively. Build a sense of team identity and create trusting relationships between team members that improve the alignment and effectiveness of the collective leadership of complex organizations.
- Provide resolution of key business issues through the design, development, and facilitation of meetings between key internal stakeholders, ensuring that concrete action items and next steps are adopted and agreed modus operandi are adhered to. Facilitate the building of communities of interest by designing and facilitating meetings and conferences that actively engage participants and broker resolution of key challenges.
- Bring innovative leading-edge methods that enable leaders to fully engage and communicate with their people to improve organizational performance.
- Enable leaders to effectively align their organization design with their business strategy.
- Undergraduate degree and advanced degree or professional certification in OD, Learning or a related discipline (e.g., Psychology, Behavioral Sciences, Organizational Behavior, Leadership, Management) from internationally recognized / accredited OD or Talent institution),
- International Contexts: Experience of operating in an international, world-class global company, working across different countries and cultures with a diverse range of populations; strong multi-cultural awareness/ experience and sensitivity
- At least 12+ years’ experience in learning consulting and facilitation, organization development, change management and transformation
- An understanding of organizations as complex social processes rather than machinery that needs to be fixed, and a belief in leaders being in charge but not in control
- Deep experience of leading change at scale in a learning environment with proven expertise in transformation execution. Demonstrable trusted partner with an OD mindset and an understanding of whole system change
- Consulting mindset: ability to build strong and effective relationships with both internal and external stakeholders at all levels through collaboration, professional credibility, and emotional intelligence
- Political acumen/ organizational influence: notices and finds ways of working with challenging relationship patterns and dynamics to progress global projects and approaches to learning
- Ability to hold paradox and deal with uncertainty; understands the inherent tension between meeting global and regional needs and is comfortable working with ambiguity to find own ethical boundaries
- Certification or Experience in Other Related Disciplines, e.g., experience in executive coaching; appreciative inquiry; strategic planning; organizational effectiveness; action research; change office experience
- Self-Awareness: knowledge of self and unconscious biases, impact of visible and invisible differences; increased tolerance of ambiguities and appreciation of differences; understanding of impact of social identities on group and organizational dynamics; understanding of relationships between cultures and subcultures in organizational systems.