Leading an active lifestyle is important to the many people we serve. In Abbott’s EP division, we’re advancing the treatment of heart and vascular disease through breakthrough medical technologies in electrophysiology and heart failure, allowing people to restore their health and get
As a member of the key account clinical team you will work within an assigned geography at some of the most important accounts in the country. The KACS is responsible for providing technical expertise, clinical expertise, and support of the EP ablation and mapping process to colleagues, current customers, and/or potential customers. This role works under moderate direction with NACES and KACR teammates to identify and capitalize on sales opportunities by creating competency, comfort and expertise with all Abbott EP technologies among physician, lab technician and lab support staff.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Work within a multifunctional team requiring critical thinking, collaborative engagements, and time-based execution.
- Attend and provide mapping support at EP procedures. Proctors staff/physicians and work to develop center to independence. As directed by his/her area and national leaders, contact and visit clients and potential clients, addressing any client questions and concerns.
- Provides medical professionals with in-case support, new product training, sales support, information, and training on the use of Company products and with staff education, in-services and technical troubleshooting.
- Execute on a per account basis an EP development and clinical staffing entry and exit strategy.
- Elevation of local clinical team through AAA execution and mentorship. Provide full post case debrief to share best practices and case learnings with all surrounding support staff.
- Creation and distribution of case studies and training materials
- Fellows training
- Develop and maintain an in-depth knowledge of assigned accounts to include competitor activity, conduct evaluations, and develops strategies for growth opportunities within assigned accounts.
- Ability to interface and interact with patients.
- Collects and studies information about new and existing products and monitors competitor sales, prices and products.
- Provides sales support, educational support, and clinical expertise/guidance to internal colleagues.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE, YOU’LL BRING
- Willing and able to travel at 50%.
- High communication capacity to ensure that multiple business partners are integrated into EP procedure schedules and strategies.
- Presentation skills and the ability to articulate procedure details, anticipation, and promotion of Abbott technologies.
- Registered Nursing Degree (RN), Certified Radiology Technician (CRT), or Cardiovascular Technician (RCIS) or equivalent experience.
- Strong organizational and follow-up skills, as well as attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Schedule flexibility for case coverage and customer meetings after hours and on weekends.
- Excellent personal computer skills including MS Excel, Word, Outlook and Power Point
- Exceptional knowledge in EP ablative therapies and medical devices industry.
- At least 3 years of prior EP industry experience and advance degree preferred.
- BS in related field highly desirable.
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
- Paid time off
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities