The position is described below. If you want to apply, click the Apply button at the top or bottom of this page. You\'ll be required to create an account or sign in to an existing one.
If you have a disability and need assistance with the application, you can request a reasonable accommodation. Send an email to Accessibility or call 877-891-2510 (accommodation requests only; other inquiries won\'t receive a response).
Regular or Temporary:
Language Fluency: English (Required)
1st shift (United States of America)
Administer FMLA and other state leave entitlements, leaves of absence and effectively support all cases/claims to include general administration, comprehensive case management and program compliance with, Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and all related state and municipal leave laws. Accountable for substantial amount of process responsibility and expected to provide exemplary customer service and assistance to teammates, executives and Human Resource partners.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
1. Independently approve and/or deny leaves of absence and FMLA or state leave entitlement requests based on relevant medical information.
2. Administer and provide extensive leave of absence case management acting as a subject matter expert while coordinating the administrative aspects of cases and claims for approximately 3,500 teammates.
3. Approve/deny back-fill requests.
4. Mitigate regulatory and legal risks by interpreting and administering leaves of absence and FMLA/state leave entitlement programs and policies in accordance with the applicable federal and state laws.
5. Approve and or deny requests for unpaid time off for Exempt teammates, paid and unpaid military time off and special agreement time off per FLSA laws and related time off programs.
6. Provide excellent customer service to ensure teammates, manager and other HR Partners receive answers to questions regarding time off programs, leave of absence, FMLA, workplace accommodations and all HR Policies and Teammate Relations matters.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field, or equivalent education and Human Resources related training.
2. Ability to analyze information and convert related activities into a comprehensive work plan.
3. Ability to communicate and make recommendations to management.
4. Ability to identify basic problems and procedural irregularities, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
5. Ability to multi-task and drive multiple projects.
6. Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities.
7. Demonstrated ability to deal with confidential information.
8. Demonstrated problem-solving, time management and priority setting skills.
9. Demonstrated proficiency in basic computer applications, such as Microsoft Office software products.
1. Three or more years of experience in Human Resources or two years of experience in administering leave programs, FMLA/state leave entitlement programs.
OTHER JOB REQUIREMENTS / WORKING CONDITIONS
Constantly (More than 50% of the time)
Frequently (25% - 50% of the time)
Walking Visual / Audio / Speaking
Able to access and interpret client information received from the computer and able to hear and speak with individuals in person and on the phone.
Manual Dexterity / Keyboarding
Able to work standard office equipment, including PC keyboard and mouse, copy/fax machines, and printers.
Able to work all hours scheduled, including overtime as directed by manager/supervisor and required by business need.
Minimal and up to 10%
Truist supports a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer who does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or other classification protected by law. Drug Free Workplace.
Thank you for your interest in Truist! BB&T and SunTrust have come together in a transformational merger of equals to create Truist, the premier financial organization in the country. You may notice references to our legacy company names, BB&T and SunTrust, in places throughout this site. All such references should be understood to refer to Truist moving forward while we continue to transition to the Truist name