MAIN PURPOSE OF ROLE:
The Global Security “Senior Program Manager” for Investigations & Brand Protection directs, develops, implements, and maintains the investigative and product integrity processes across the organization. Develops programs to safeguard revenue, protect the brand, keep employees and consumers safe and ensures a workforce that complies with the organization’s policies and procedures. Assists in the creation of investigative and asset protection strategies and supports business units in implementing programs to mitigate the diversion and counterfeiting of Abbott brands.
The position includes both domestic and international scope and reports to the Global Security Director of Investigations & Brand Protection.
- Proactively develops, recommends, and implements risk mitigation strategies focused on limiting Abbott’s corporate exposure and safeguarding tangible/intangible assets, brands, facilities, supply chain, customers, stakeholders, and global workforce.
- Conducts and manages the following types of investigations: thefts, counterfeit, parallel imports, threats, employee misconduct, e-commerce fraud, and intellectual property.
- Develops and incorporates risk mitigation tools/services and effectively benchmark with industry peers to share best practices and lessons learned.
- Demonstrates leadership by engaging and partnering with internal/external stakeholders while thinking and acting critically to identify opportunities for collaboration, raise awareness of investigative findings, and develop recommendations to mitigate risks
- Partners with local, state, federal, and international entities/organizations to effectively handle investigative issues/concerns that may develop anywhere in the world.
- Delivers verbal written briefings to internal partners and key leaders concerning identified issues and findings related to each initiative.
- Provides guidance and oversight to raise awareness of broader policy and product issues to ensure there is a timely resolution.
- Implements investigative and corporate policies, procedures, and standards across the global enterprise.
- Identifies and analyzes relevant evidence to develop an investigative plan.
- Provides guidance and support to Regional Security Directors/Managers on all relevant matters occurring in their region.
- Conducts a comprehensive analysis of information across multiple platforms and jurisdictions.
- Prepares presentations based on investigative results to enable decision makers.
- Incorporates new tools and instruments to enhance our capabilities to identify unauthorized channels of diverted or counterfeit products for all core businesses.
- Benchmarks with other industries to exchange information and share best practices that may lead to a joint effort.
- Aligns with Abbott’s core businesses to incorporate services and ideas that provide risk mitigation and brand protection to various global business leaders.
- Identify new industry initiatives to ensure the company remains engaged with new developments in the market that can improve business processes and optimize best practices.
- Partners with other Global Security core functional areas to understand strategic business drives and develop solutions to ensure mission success including Security Management, Business Risk Intelligence, International Security, Systems & Applications, Business Continuity, Crisis Management, and Technical Surveillance Countermeasures (TSCM).
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required.
- 10+ years total experience in investigations or security which includes corporate, private contractor, military, law enforcement, or government service. Experience conducting audits in related areas (e.g., quality, regulatory) may be considered.
- Demonstrates strong and effective leadership skills and ability to operate comfortably within a complex cultural and global environment.
- Strong background in intellectual property protection, vulnerability assessment and/or risk mitigation preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to liaise with internal and external clients at all levels.
- At this level the successful candidate should possess all the required skill sets to make an immediate and positive contribution to the business.
- Proficient oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to communicate complex information accurately, clearly, and quickly to all levels.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Strong technical aptitude: proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required.
- Strong collaboration skills and ability to positively influence teams.
- Demonstrated track record of successful risk mitigation, investigative or security leadership preferably within the health care industry.
- Demonstrated experience preferred in designing and implementing effective risk mitigation strategies for safeguarding personnel, information, and/or assets.
- Cybersecurity certification and/or work experience a plus.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and handle sensitive and/or complex investigations.
- A strong sense of integrity with the ability to handle projects of a sensitive and confidential nature.
- Ability to understand opposing points of view on highly complex issues and integrate these into successful solutions.
- Results oriented with the ability to identify the long-term effects of decisions /solutions on customers and the business.
Work Environment: The person will be working in Low, Medium, and High-risk environments. He /She must be able to fully function across this risk spectrum. The ability to adapt and thrive in changing cultures, climates, environmental conditions, as well as managing health and disease risks is required. This position will require approximately 25% - 40% travel (COVID dependent).