(This is a Fixed term contract -Maternity cover)
Amazon is seeking an experienced Community Engagement Manager with community / communications/ employee engagement and program management experience to join the Operations Community Engagement Team. Ideally UK or EU based with experience working with global stakeholders.
This role requires a passionate, self-motivated and hyper-organized professional to design, create and deliver Amazon’s global community campaigns across its Operations network. The individual should have strong project management experience, ideally in community investment and employee engagement programs.
Working closely with internationally based community engagement managers, internal communications, public relations and other internal groups as well as external partner organizations, the candidate needs to be able to collaborate with stakeholders across diverse geographies and manage multiple programs and a complex range of activities.
The successful candidate will insist on the highest standards, have a track record of delivering large-scale global projects and have the ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic organization. The individual will be able to think strategically and long term, as well as being able to execute day-to-day and respond to any reactive needs of employees and the communities where Amazon operates.
Having a passion for social good is imperative and an understanding of employee engagement is important. The individual should be interested in identifying and leveraging the unique role that Amazon can contribute to the diverse range of communities where it operates and be committed to involving employees in the contribution. Strong communication skills and an interest in developing storytelling around Amazon’s community investment to create inclusive campaigns for employees is essential.
- Own Amazon’s Global Campaigns for Operations Community Engagement activities across 18+ countries and all Amazon Operations business lines.
- Build and execute campaign plans internally and externally, including securing leadership approvals and engagement from other teams.
- Drive program goals – define program plans, manage implementation, and develop processes, documentation and communications for program/process rollout and ongoing management.
- Work closely with internal comms, public relations and other internal groups to cohesively approach projects and activities which are engaging for employees and impactful for communities.
- Conduct campaign post-mortems, capture lessons learned, iterate and continuously improve program management practices and approaches for engagement, productivity and future planning.
- Define metrics and key performance indicators, track and monitor progress, and be able to report on status against campaign objectives.
- Build new, trustful CSR relationships and manage existing ones with our non-profit partners across our operations community activities and
- Take responsibility to communicate constantly and sensitively about Amazon’s efforts to contribute to our communities internally and externally.
- Create and maintain multiple, complex, concurrent and inclusive program initiatives across geographies.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
· Experience developing and managing community/ CSR or employee engagement programs.
· Experience defining program requirements and using data and metrics to determine improvements.
·Experience in CSR or communication program or project management.
·Experience working for global, enterprise scale organizations and communications.
· Exemplary written and oral communications skills in English. Additional languages would be a plus.
· Bachelor's degree.
· Ability to take international travel up to 20 per cent of the time to collaborate with global team.
· Experience working with international stakeholders across multiple regions.
· Demonstrated ability to define, refine and implement repeatable operational processes, procedures and policies.
· Ability to conduct sophisticated and creative analysis of complex data and translate the results into actionable deliverables, messages, and presentations.
· Ability to operate with a great deal of independence in a lean, fast-paced organization.
· Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical individuals.
· Experience in communicating and briefing senior executives.
· Comfortable working in a fast-paced, highly collaborative, ambiguous work environment.
· Experience in implementing employee engagement programs in Operations/Manufacturing.
· Experience with Salesforce, SharePoint, or other project management/team collaboration platforms.
· Ability to align business priorities to a community engagement program and strategy.
· Experience in research, data collection and analytics.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
Job ID: 16309