ABM (NYSE: ABM) is a leading provider of facility solutions with revenues of approximately $6.4 billion and over 130,000 employees in 300+ offices deployed throughout the United States and various international locations. ABM’s comprehensive capabilities include electrical & lighting, energy solutions, facilities engineering, HVAC & mechanical, janitorial, landscape & turf, mission critical solutions and parking, provided through stand-alone or integrated solutions. Founded in 1909, ABM provides custom facility solutions in urban, suburban and rural areas to properties of all sizes — from schools and commercial buildings to hospitals, data centers, manufacturing plants and airports.
Job Type/ FLSA Status
The Director of Facilities coordinates and directs the design, planning, construction, maintenance, alteration and service of equipment, machinery, buildings, and other facilities by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors.
What We Offer
- Permanent, full-time position with benefits
- Benefits options include Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off
- 401(k) Employee Savings Plan
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Inspects plant, custodial and landscape conditions and evaluates service effectiveness
- Directs both ABM and University of St Francis staffs in the proper execution of support services for the facility(s) assigned
- Analyzes sites’ MEP systems, computer network wiring, lighting, and other factors and develops Preventive Service Methods
- Manages operating budgets up to $5,000,000 both for ABM Services (P&L) and operational / capital funds as assigned by client
- Works with client to develop long range plans, conceptual designs, and capital outlay requirements and documentation for facilities capital improvement / deferred maintenance projects including assistance in cost estimates, bid sheets, layouts, and contracts for construction and acquisitions
- Performs QA (SITE) and service program audits to support ABM methods development towards service excellence
- Formulates and coordinates program specifications, requirements for specialized service proposals and contracts, and associated documents
- Acts as liaison to public utility, environmental, and energy agencies and works with Campus Health, Safety and Security Department to ensure and protect the wellbeing of faculty, staff, and students
- Inspects construction and installation progress to ensure conformance to established specifications
- Ensures compliance with contract specifications associated with ABM contract and with others related to campus services under ABM oversight
- Collaborates to coordinate building space allocation, layout, and communication services
- Oversees and directs maintenance, grounds and custodial personnel and workers engaged in campus / site services, equipment installation, facilities equipment repair, and preventive maintenance
- Interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems
- Manages up to an estimated total of 30+ employees engaged in: Plant Maintenance & Operations, and Grounds, Landscape & Arboreal Care
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Facilities Management or Architecture from four-year college or university with five years in progressive facilities management roles within a large institutional or campus-like environment OR an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Current Driver's License
- Strong Customer Care experience
- EPA Universal Certification or Formal Master Trade Designation a plus
- Formal CEFM Credentials or Formal Trade Licensing a plus
- Ability to Speak Spanish a plus
- Knowledge of accounting software such as JD Edwards, QuickBooks Pro etc.; Kronos Payroll systems
- Experience with Outlook or similar email systems; MS Access database software; Use of internet access via IE - Explorer or Firefox
- Familiarity with AutoCAD design software
- Experience with building automation such as Delta Controls, Automated Logic or other Native BACnet control suites; Inventory Direct or similar inventory software
- Work order / CMMS platforms such as YARDI; School Dude; Maximo, FAMIS etc.
- Experience with MS Project or Milestones project management software
- Strong capability in Excel including pivot tables and or BIM software and MS Word – full office suite
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.