JOB TITLE: Fabrication Operator
DEPARTMENT: Prefabrication LOCATION: Beloit, KS
AGCO, a global leader in the design, manufacture and distribution of agricultural solutions, has an exciting career opportunity for a Press Brake Operator to join our team in Beloit, KS.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily:
- Program and Operate fabrication machines.
- Run bend and forming operations using standard and custom punches.
- Checks height, depth and thickness using micrometers, dial indicators, calipers, gauges and other precision-measuring instruments
- Work with tight tolerances.
- Reading blueprints and diagrams and conducting first/last piece inspection
- Adjusting machine settings to meet job specifications.
- Responsible for machine operation and transferring finish goods to appropriate pallet/cart for transport to other departments.
- Proper and safely set up, operation, and calibration of CNC machines
- Work independently, maintaining timely machine set up and finishing transfer of product.
- Perform Quality Assurance of the machine operation in order that product is modified per blue print specifications.
- During machine run times the employee watches control settings for appropriate machine readings.
- Notifies management of product discrepancies, equipment malfunctions and/or personal injuries.
- Regular and predictable attendance is required to perform the duties of an order filler.
- Adheres to all company policies and procedures paying special attention to safety regulations.
- Good organization skills, ability to work on multiple assignments simultaneously
- Basic math skills
- Demonstrated strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated leadership skills, showing motivation, organization and accountability.
- Function as part of a team, both direct and cross-functional.
- Strong work ethic and able to work under minimal supervision
- Detail oriented
- Available to work extended hours as required
Knowledge & Experience
- Education: High School graduate or equivalent
- Certifications/License: None
Other Requirements & Work Environment:
- Must wear the proper personal protective equipment (PPE): Steel-toed boots, protective eyewear, hearing protection, and hand protection.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs
- Withstand environmental temperatures working inside and outside.