ABM (NYSE: ABM) is a leading provider of facility solutions with revenues of approximately $6.4 billion and over 130,000 employees in 300+ offices deployed throughout the United States and various international locations. ABM’s comprehensive capabilities include electrical & lighting, energy solutions, facilities engineering, HVAC & mechanical, janitorial, landscape & turf, mission critical solutions and parking, provided through stand-alone or integrated solutions. Founded in 1909, ABM provides custom facility solutions in urban, suburban and rural areas to properties of all sizes — from schools and commercial buildings to hospitals, data centers, manufacturing plants and airports.
Director HR, HRBP
High School or GED
Job Type/ FLSA Status
30 - 40%
The Director, Human Resource provides overall strategic business partner leadership to the company, and oversees the development and implementation of all HR policies, programs, and services, including talent acquisition, compliance, compensation and benefits, employee relations, payroll, training and development, employment practices and procedures, and HR information systems. The Director develops, coaches, managers, and supervisors at all levels to build an engaged workforce, implement a positive culture and achieve company goals.
As a member of the leadership team, the Director partners with assigned client groups to establish and implement strategic objectives, short and long-term goals, and HR strategies. The HR function is transforming how it conducts business with the operations partners. This transformation is significant and for the right person may be an opportunity that only comes along once in their career.
- HR leadership and support to all employees as needed.
- Partners with a team of HR professionals and COE’s with the goal of earning a high level of credibility as an effective and responsive internal service group that meets the company’s growth plans.
- Serves as internal coach/consultant to company management team, supervisors and employees, as needed, on employee issues that affect performance and business relationships.
- Ensures employee relations are handled smoothly and accurately.
- Partners with and creates alignment with all areas of the organization to accomplish company objectives.
- Develops and implements organizational strategies for the human resources function to align with company business objectives and to continuously improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the Human Resource function.
- Oversees an employee-oriented company culture that emphasizes quality, continuous improvement, and high performance.
- Approach problem-solving from a strategic perspective before rushing into tactics.-Understand business principles, drivers and operating models.
- Creates a fun and rewarding workplace for all employees, promotes a positive environment and culture consistent with the core values and goals of the company.
- Implements programs, policies and practices designed to enhance employee engagement, reduce turnover, and ensure legal compliance.
- Identifies all training and development needs for the group and ensures all programs align with company strategies.
- Administrates performance management process for the group.
- Ensures the creation and development of succession planning strategies, career development programs for assigned groups, development needs assessments and other innovative development strategies.
- Responsible for delivering all People & Culture processes within each discipline of Human Resources.
- Responsible for analyzing and reporting all HR metrics
- Maintains current knowledge and understanding of industry trends, current practices, new developments, and applicable laws regarding human resources.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in a senior HR role.
- Highly motivated, be an amazing leader with a high EQ.
- Experienced and adept at interacting at all levels.
- Ability to work in a fast pace work environment balancing multiple projects and embracing change.
- Proven track record as an effective manager in a high-performance organization, success as a builder of collaborative, high performance teams whose management style is characterized as results orientation.
- Broadly experienced with direct management of an HR Team and comfortable using a Center of Excellence approach to the delivery of HR services
- High-level leader who is proactive in conceiving, initiating and executing human resources programs relevant to the organization’s culture.
- Ideally, experience in and/or exposure to working for companies having used progressive human resources management as a business differentiator.
- Strategic thinker, with an ability to contribute at both a strategic and operational level.
- Excellent communication, conflict-resolution, problem-solving skills.