Commercial Parts Pro
The Commercial Parts Professional is an advanced level sales position capable of providing expert customer care to professional customers. The position is responsible for profitable growth of the professional business by building lasting relationships with timely automotive solutions and parts. The role has expert knowledge of automotive systems and part knowledge. The role has the ability to source from numerous places including special order, FDO, second source, etc. The role has the ability to direct drivers to ensure safe, timely and accurate delivery. Position is full time (PT on exception need basis). MVR certification preferred.
• Create, build and maintain professional customer relationships
• Provide GAS3 selling experience to professional customers
• Ability to achieve profitable sales and margins
• Achieve personal and store sales goals and service objectives
• Dispatch drivers ensuring delivery standards are achieved
• Maintain commercial stocking programs
• Build and maintain a network of second source suppliers
• Partner with GM to ensure proper driver coverage
• Maintain core bank and commercial returns
• Maintain commercial credit accounts
• Partner with CAM and CSM for customer and territory alignment
• High customer retention
• Ability to locate and stock parts
• Safety knowledge and skills
• Operating inventory systems and store equipment
• Parts and automotive system knowledge skills
• Operating POS and Parts lookup systems
• ASE P2 certified or ASE ready equivalent
• Advanced solution, project and product quality recommendation ability
• Ability to source from numerous places including special order, FDO, second source, etc.
• Advanced selling skills for commercial customers
• Ability to multi-task and remain organized
• Effective communication, listening and problem solving skills
Essential Job Skills Necessary for Success as a Commercial Parts Pro
• Working knowledge of automotive systems, and diagnostic ability to include: Ignition, internal engine, suspension, brakes, electronic, exhaust, etc.
• Speak and write English (Spanish a plus)
• The Ability to communicate effectively and build strong relationships with customers, peers and management
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as P&L, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, parts catalogs, and procedure manuals; ability to write simple correspondence
• Understand and execute instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form
• Successfully complete the Parts Knowledge Assessment
• Use basic math accurately: add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
• Familiarity with the Microsoft Office Suite (i.e. Word, Excel)
• Strong organizational skills
• Understand Commercial profitability concepts, including knowledge of competition, market opportunities, and customer prioritization (may work with the Commercial Account Manager to determine pricing discounts for specific Commercial customers)
• Ability to work an assortment of days, evenings, and weekends as needed
Prior Experience that Sets a Commercial Parts Pro up for Success
A minimum of 3 years of prior automotive parts experience preferred
Proven sales ability with past experience in fulfillment of customer transactions
High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
ASE certification preferred, but not required
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job, with or without reasonable accommodation. While performing the duties of this job, the employee will predominantly be walking or standing. The employee is required to be able to talk and hear, and use hands and fingers to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job, with or without reasonable accommodation. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is usually working inside; however, they will occasionally be outside and exposed to various weather conditions while performing such tasks as installing batteries and wiper blades. The employee is also occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; toxic or caustic chemicals; risk of electrical shock; explosives; and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Position is eligible for sales commission based on individual or store performance.