ABM (NYSE: ABM) is a leading provider of facility solutions with revenues of approximately $6.4 billion and over 130,000 employees in 300+ offices deployed throughout the United States and various international locations. ABM’s comprehensive capabilities include electrical & lighting, energy solutions, facilities engineering, HVAC & mechanical, janitorial, landscape & turf, mission critical solutions and parking, provided through stand-alone or integrated solutions. Founded in 1909, ABM provides custom facility solutions in urban, suburban and rural areas to properties of all sizes — from schools and commercial buildings to hospitals, data centers, manufacturing plants and airports.
High School or GED
Job Type/ FLSA Status
Employee is responsible for the direct oversight of an assigned work team on a designated account and on a designated shift. Employee is further responsible for ensuring that productivity levels and customer service requirements are being met and that front-line employees are complying with all safety, quality, and compliance standards established by the Company, by our Clients, and by regulatory authorities.
Specific Duties / Essential Job Functions: (Other duties may be assigned.)
- Achieve operational performance and functional service activities.
- Provide technical guidance and interpret policies and procedures to assist front-line employees in performing functional tasks.
- Monitor and maintain appropriate staffing levels.
- Ensure that future schedules are complete (days off, vacations, etc.)
- Ensure all call offs are covered.
- Accommodate increased / decreased client staffing requests.
- Manage employee lunches and breaks.
- Manage the No-Fault Attendance Policy
- Participate in client briefings and communicate with Client representatives on a frequent basis regarding operations.
- Manage daily schedules.
- Maintain daily shift report for managers.
- Perform basic administrative and payroll functions (if applicable).
- Maintain communication with Duty Managers to maintain optimum staffing levels.
- Effectively coach, counsel and discipline employees.
- Conduct service audits.
- Responsible for the movement of personnel between checkpoints
- Work with Safety Quality Manager to ensure the safety and security of the operation.
- Set positive, professional example for workforce.
- Ensure front-line employee compliance with all safety, security, compliance and quality standards and procedures established by the Company, by our Clients, and by regulatory authorities.
- Miscellaneous duties as assigned
- Front-Line employees on designated account and shift.
- Physical Demands: The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The individual may be required to stand and walk for 2/3 or more of the work shift.
- Individual may be required to talk, hear and use hands to handle or feel for 2/3 or more of the work shift.
- Individual may be required to lift 50 pounds or more for up to 1/3 of the work shift.
- Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described herein are representative of those a team member encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The work environment has a moderate to heavy noise level.
Specific Job Knowledge, Skill, and Ability:
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements described herein are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Ability to communicate effectively in the English language. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and procedure manuals, and handbooks.
- Ability to effectively present information, including in written form, and respond to questions from passengers, managers, clients, customers and the general public.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals
- Basic understanding of computer software programs, including Microsoft Office.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Employee must comply with the Company’s management grooming standards and must wear his or her SIDA badge/Airport ID at all times.
- Employee must comply with and enforce all guidelines and policies set forth in the Air Serv Corporation Employee Handbook. These policies include, but are not limited to, the Company’s Zero Tolerance Discrimination and Harassment Policy, Retaliation Policy, Ethics Policy, and Security Policy.
- High school diploma or GED required. College degree or equivalent work experience preferred.
- Previous management experience preferred
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Must submit to and pass a drug screen.
- Must meet all requirements to receive required airport SIDA badge and Customs Seal (if applicable), including successful completion of a background check and ten-year work history.