Do you know your media production? Are you a process modeller with a talent for optimisation and enhancing those workflows? Do you have an eye for detail and can question that unique challenge in the chain? Can you decipher complexity, identify duplication and champion what our creative business requires from new digital functionality and features?
Do you excel in building great stakeholder relationships and can apply your business analysis expertise in all areas with ease?
If yes... then this role is for you..
To undertake the business analysis function within Design & Engineering ensuring that business requirements and processes are fully understood and clearly documented. Business analysts are responsible for the initiation, discovery, definition and shaping of a wide range of products and projects across the BBC. We work closely with our production, business delivery and supplier teams both internally and externally, to ensure that the BBCs investment and the solutions delivered realise true benefit. Our business analysts are responsible for interpreting and analysing research information and data to gain business insight and drive sound decisions.
The responsibilities for the Business Analyst role will be as follows:
- Take ownership of gathering and articulating user, business and technical requirements, (both functional and none functional) documenting accurately., to ensure all requirements are valid and traceable that contribute to a business case and solution delivery.
- Collaborate and interact with multi-disciplined teams for initial feasibility study, solution design, business justification to ensure there is a clear understanding of the why and the what change is being proposed
- Build and maintain strong business relationships with all stakeholders and designated contacts, to share business system and domain knowledge.
- Advise on the implementation of strategy and identification of technical options within business areas, using research information to inform and drive business options and decisions.
- Acquire and maintain an in-depth knowledge of existing business processes and systems, to identify areas for potential process improvement.
- Identify business risk and issues and detail business impact for mitigation plans, include any handover or operational early life support for a smooth transition
- Work closely with Project and Product management teams with the purpose of providing analysis updates, raising task blockers to facilitate business or technical decisions in the BBCs best interest.
- Work with business areas to define business benefits, creating benefits maps and introducing measures to baseline, track and report progress against targets, to measure performance and value.
The Ideal Candidate
- Excellent Office 365 knowledge
- Comprehensive knowledge of business and data analysis tools and techniques such as: requirements engineering, structured analysis and design, process mapping and component business modelling, business process re-engineering.
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal using a variety of methods, the ability to get the message across and relative to the audience
- Manages professional relationships, listens, encourages discussion and promotes two way communication
- Comprehensive knowledge of project lifecycle delivery as a business analyst in a technical environment
- Comprehensive knowledge of technical product management and development methodologies, underpinned by strong software design principles
- Experience of a variety or project management methods both iterative and waterfall, applied in business to business or business to consumer solutions.
- Ability to simplify complex problems, processes or projects into component parts and be able to explore them systematically.
- Strong planning and organisational skills, able to juggle competing priorities and take the appropriate course of action
- Has high levels of resilience, able to take input and direction to then run with a task, works on own initiative
- ISEB/BCS or equivalent formal qualification in business analysis
- 2+ years within a media or similar multi-national organisation
- Problem solving, with both tactical and strategic thinking
- Workshop design and facilitation
- Commercial focus, proven influencing, negotiation and conflict management skills with the ability to engage at all levels
- Subject matter expert in a technology area
Contract type: 12 month attachment/ FTC
Location: London, Salford or Cardiff
We’re happy to discuss flexible working. Please indicate your choice under the flexible working question in the application. There is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to. Flexible working will be part of the discussion at offer stage.
- Excellent career progression – the BBC offers great opportunities for employees to seek new challenges and work in different areas of the organisation.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities – our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
- Benefits- We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working week for work-life balance and 26 days (1 of which is a corporation day) with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
The situation regarding the coronavirus outbreak is developing quickly and the BBC is keen to continue to ensure the safety and wellbeing of people across the BBC, while continuing to protect our services. To reduce the risk access to BBC buildings is limited to those essential to our broadcast output. From Wednesday 18th March until further notice all assessments and interviews will be conducted remotely. For more information go to https://www.bbc.co.uk/careers/
Mae’r sefyllfa gyda’r coronafeirws yn datblygu’n gyflym, ac mae’r BBC yn awyddus i barhau i sicrhau diogelwch a lles pobl ar draws y BBC, gan barhau i warchod ein gwasanaethau hefyd. I leihau’r risg, dim ond y bobl sy’n hanfodol i’n hallbwn darlledu fydd yn cael mynediad i adeiladau’r BBC. O ddydd Mercher 18fed Mawrth ymlaen, bydd pob asesiad a chyfweliad yn cael ei gynnal o bell, nes rhoddir gwybod yn wahanol. I gael mwy o wybodaeth, ewch i https://www.bbc.co.uk/careers/
About the Company
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
Closing Date04 October, 2022