SHIFT: Day Job
Your Talent. Our Vision. At Anthem, Inc., it’s a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we’re creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care.
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve at one of America's leading health care companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company.
BH Case Manager I
Location: This is a remote work from home position. Indiana residency is required.
Hours: 8:00 am - 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday.
Local travel may be required
The Behavioral Health Case Manager supports our members with serious substance abuse, substance abuse related disorders and/or mental health-related illness and is responsible for performing telephonic case management within the scope of licensure for these members.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Use appropriate screening criteria, knowledge and clinical judgment to assess member needs.
• Conduct assessments to identify individual needs and develops care plan to address objectives and goals as identified during assessment.
• Monitor and evaluate effectiveness of care plan and modifies plan as needed.
• Support member access to appropriate quality and cost effective care.
• Coordinate with internal and external resources to meet identified needs of the members and collaborates with providers.
• Indiana residency is required.
• Requires Master’s degree in social work, counseling, nursing or related behavioral health field. (BS or higher is required for RN.)
• A current, active, and unrestricted LCSW, LMFT, LMHC, RN or clinical psychologist license in the state of Indiana is required.
• Your experience must include a minimum of 3 years' clinical experience in social work, counseling with a broad range of experience with complex psychiatric and substance use disorder treatment; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
• Experience working with adults with substance use disorders and serious mental illness is required.
• Experience with community mental health resources, CSB (Community Service Board), or similar is preferred.
• Prior telephonic Case Management experience is preferred.
• Competency in Microsoft Office applications, especially Excel
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Anthem. We require all new candidates to become vaccinated against Covid-19. All offers of employment are conditioned on completion of a background check, including COVID-19 vaccination verification. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Anthem approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Anthem is able to reasonably accommodate. Anthem will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Anthem, Inc. has been named as a Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, is ranked as one of the 2020 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a 2020 America’s Best Employers for Diversity by Forbes. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. Anthem is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.