Are you an enthusiastic and dedicated Bartender with exceptionally high standards, who strives to deliver the best possible customer service?
The Theatre Royal Drury Lane has reopened as a re-imagined destination venue, and centrepiece to Covent Garden, going beyond theatre, we are creating a multi-offer destination where the customer experience is always at centre stage.
We are looking for passionate and energetic Bartenders to host and create memorable experiences for our guests in both the Cecil Beaton Bar, an exciting high-end cocktail bar and for the Grand Saloon Bar & Lounge - a new bar and lounge space. Both areas will have an all-day food and beverage offering.
What you will be doing…
Working closely with the F&B Manager and wider management team, you will:
- Deliver the highest standards of quality, service and beverage presentation.
- Work interactively with other teams across the venue in order to exceed our guests’ expectations throughout their visit.
- Constantly evaluate quality of service and product consistency, encouraging constructive feedback.
- Be an expert in product knowledge and service delivery, as well as being a courteous and welcoming host, passionate about London’s diverse and rich history.
- Be reactive to guest feedback and pre-emptive in resourcefully finding a solution. Have a hands-on approach with the ability to escalate to Management when necessary.
- Assist in controlling food and beverage costs proactively.
- Accurately account for transactions throughout the retail operation through till checks, securing revenue opportunities.
- Support your manager during weekly stock takes, accurately accounting for all products and equipment within your assigned area, keeping all storage areas clean and tidy.
- Maintain open and constructive communication with third party service delivery partners.
- Ensure that all food and beverage facilities and equipment are kept in good condition and properly stocked according to anticipated business volume, immediately reporting all maintenance and repair needs.
- Keep a rolling review on all internal requisitions ensuring stock is effectively rotated in line with our Periodic Automatic Replacement guidelines.
- Work collaboratively with colleagues to ensure that information is effectively communicated throughout the shift.
- Ensure a thorough handover procedure is being conducted by supporting your Supervisor/Manager sharing all relevant information.
- Help drive promotions that complement and deliver a first class Food and Beverage operation.
- Promote teamwork and quality service through active participation in team briefings and meetings.
- Contribute to a positive working environment and take ownership of developing yours and your team’s skills and knowledge.
- Play an active role in building a work environment that focuses on respect and dignity throughout the team.
- Actively support and promote the completion of bar opening and closing checklists/procedures, as well as cleaning and maintenance periodic schedules.
- Assist the F&B Manager in achieving licensing objectives of responsible service of alcohol; allergen legislations, hygiene practices and other applicable management arrangements.
What we need…
- Previous bartending experience in a 5-star environment in the London restaurant / hotel market
- Excellent knowledge of customer service and products.
- Accustomed to high volume and fast phased environment
- Self-motivated and a great team player with a can-do attitude.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Confident using EPOS systems.
- Well organised and adaptable; able to plan workload, manage priorities, delegate tasks and respond to changing or ad hoc requirements.
- Ability to use initiative in identifying problems and recommending appropriate solutions
Salary: £22,360 per annum
Deadline for applications: 7th September 2021
Diversity & Inclusion
At LW Theatres, we pride ourselves on being a family of individuals and actively welcome applicants from all backgrounds – it’s one of our core values and we believe celebrating our differences is key to success.
At the heart of our Company is a culture of inclusion where everyone feels seen and heard and can be themselves at work. Regardless of your background, all we ask is that you have the skills and experience required and the desire to succeed. In return, we pledge to ensure that our selection process is both transparent and fair.
We are also open to discussing opportunities to work flexibly.
This role may close early if a sufficient number of applications are received