Are you an experienced people leader with exceptionally high standards, who strives to the deliver the best possible customer service?
The Theatre Royal Drury Lane has reopened as a re-imagined destination venue, and centrepiece to Covent Garden. Going beyond theatre, we are creating a multi-offer destination where the customer experience is always at centre stage.
We are looking for two passionate and energetic Bar Supervisors one for the Cecil Beaton Bar, an exciting high-end cocktail bar and the other for the Grand Saloon Bar & Lounge - a new bar and lounge space. Both areas will have an all-day food and beverage offering. Through the leadership of a diverse and dynamic team, the Bar Supervisors will ensure our guests are always at the heart of everything we do.
What you will be doing…
Working closely with the F&B Manager and wider management team, you will:
- Create the highest standards of quality, service and presentation throughout the destination venue. You will spark creative ways to introduce and drive innovative and practical procedures.
- Help lead and supervise service, acting as shift leader, and work interactively with other teams and managers in order to exceed our guests’ expectations throughout their journey.
- Constantly evaluate quality of service and product consistency and share constructive feedback to encourage learning.
- Be reactive to guest feedback and pre-emptive in resourcefully finding a solution. Have a hands-on approach with the ability to escalate to Management when necessary.
- Assist in controlling costs proactively. This will focus on food and beverage costs and general line item expenses (linen and guest supplies for example).
- Accurately account for transactions throughout the retail operation through till checks and cashing-up procedures.
- Support your manager during weekly stock takes and accurately account for all products and equipment within the venue.
- Maintain open and constructive communication with third party service delivery partners.
- Ensure that all food and beverage facilities and equipment are kept in good condition and properly stocked according to anticipated business volume, immediately reporting all maintenance and repair needs.
- Keep a rolling review on all internal requisitions ensuring stock is effectively rotated in line with our Periodic Automatic Replacement guidelines.
- Working collaboratively with colleagues to ensure that information is effectively communicated throughout the shift.
- Ensure a thorough handover procedure is being conducted between assigned team members and this information is being filtered to the relevant departments and management.
- Help drive promotions that complement and deliver a first class Food and Beverage operation.
- Promote teamwork and quality service through active participation in team briefings and meetings.
- Look after day-to-day staffing requirements; productively assign work, supervising quality of standards.
- Perform regular ‘check-ins’ with the Bars Team and provide coaching and training as part of these sessions, as appropriate.
- Assist the F&B Manager in achieving licensing objectives of responsible service of alcohol; allergen legislations, hygiene practices and other applicable management arrangements.
What we need…
- Previous Supervisory experience in a 5-star environment in the London restaurant / hotel market.
- Excellent knowledge of customer service and products.
- Display a lead by example attitude.
- Self-motivated and a great team player with a can-do attitude.
- Excellent Communication skills.
- Confident using EPOS systems.
- Well organised and adaptable; able to plan workload, manage priorities, delegate tasks and respond to changing or ad hoc requirements.
- Ability to use initiative in identifying problems and recommending appropriate solutions.
Salary: £27,248 per annum
Deadline for applications: 12th September 2021
Diversity & Inclusion
At LW Theatres, we pride ourselves on being a family of individuals and actively welcome applicants from all backgrounds – it’s one of our core values and we believe celebrating our differences is key to success.
At the heart of our Company is a culture of inclusion where everyone feels seen and heard and can be themselves at work. Regardless of your background, all we ask is that you have the skills and experience required and the desire to succeed. In return, we pledge to ensure that our selection process is both transparent and fair.
We are also open to discussing opportunities to work flexibly.
This role may close early if a sufficient number of applications are received
Job ID: 100