ABM (NYSE: ABM) is a leading provider of facility solutions with revenues of approximately $6.4 billion and over 130,000 employees in 300+ offices deployed throughout the United States and various international locations. ABM’s comprehensive capabilities include electrical & lighting, energy solutions, facilities engineering, HVAC & mechanical, janitorial, landscape & turf, mission critical solutions and parking, provided through stand-alone or integrated solutions. Founded in 1909, ABM provides custom facility solutions in urban, suburban and rural areas to properties of all sizes — from schools and commercial buildings to hospitals, data centers, manufacturing plants and airports.
High School or GED
Job Type/ FLSA Status
The Area Supervisor is responsible for the day-to-day operation and administrative activities to ensure conformance to contract requirements for multiple ABM Education sites within the assigned Area. Develops and implements cost control measures and level of service standards to ensure compliance with customer specifications / contract requirements for assigned Area. Oversees inspections, quality control measures, and the inventory control of equipment and supplies for the assigned Area.
- Coordinate service activities for assigned Area. Ensure that services are performed as contracted and at the intended profit margins.
- Routinely meets with client representatives to review performance, operational variances and to review SITE inspection results.
- Control supplies, equipment, and personnel necessary to meet customer specifications.
- Interact with customers daily to obtain feedback on services and special needs. Troubleshoot potential problems and concerns.
- Manage the company’s quality control monitoring and safety programs at the assigned Area.
- Conduct quality of service inspections at assigned Area
- Attend ABM training workshops when scheduled.
- Develop operational improvement plans and implements process changes within assigned Area.
- Attempt to increase revenue by ensuring the Supervisors are looking for ways to provide additional or periodic services to the customers.
- Ensure compliance with company policies and procedures and all federal, state, and local government regulations.
- Ensure that all paperwork, including terminations, labor action plans, and operational requirements is complete and accurate and is submitted to the district/hub in a timely manner.
- Analyze and manage, in a proactive manner, both the financial and the operational performance of the assigned Area. Ensure that payroll is accurate and submitted to the appropriate payroll personnel in a timely manner.
- Work with Account Manager and RDO to develop an action plan for all invoices that are outside of the contractual parameters.
- Manages and provides leadership to and Lead personnel and hourly team members.
- Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of personnel within the assigned Area.
- Responsibilities include directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints, resolving problems, and terminating employees.
- Performs other duties as assigned or requested.
- A minimum of three (3) years of supervisory experience in a service/customer oriented environment.
- Experience in cost estimating/pricing work.
- Good communication skills both written and verbal.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office including word, excel, outlook and powerpoint.
- Proven ability to work with various levels of management and staff.