The 3rd line Operations Engineer is a technical role within a highly skilled & established team of 3rd Line engineers. Duties to include resolution of complex network/system faults in addition to implementing customer service requests on a broad range of networking technologies including but not limited to WAN, Managed LAN, Firewalls, DNS, Proxy/filtering services.
The engineer will need to be a team player, hardworking, methodical and able to accurately and consistently document their completed works. They must be able to multi task and have a positive “can do” attitude with an effective eye for detail.
Previous experience working in a 3rd line Operational Engineering capacity for a Service Provider is highly desirable.
What you’ll be doing:
- Provide 3rd line network and network security support to all customers for both faults and service requests.
- Deliver Customer Service Excellence.
- Adhere to strict Service Level Agreements for fault resolutions and service requests completions.
- Identify, liaise and manage any escalated faults with 3rd party suppliers for major incidents or network improvements e.g. Cisco / Juniper TAC.
- Ensure that the customer is kept informed of the progress of incidents/service requests and the internal systems are kept updated regularly.
- Manage tickets to meet Key Performance Indicators.
- Provide mentoring and coaching to less experienced engineers in the NOC.
What we’re looking for:
- Experience of WAN infrastructure support preferably within a Service Provider environment
- Strong knowledge of Routing Protocols e.g. BGP & OSPF, ISIS
- Strong knowledge of TCP/IP protocols
- Experience supporting MPLS networks
- Experience supporting WiFi technologies i.e Cisco
- Experience with SNMP monitoring products
- Access technologies including SHDSL, ADSL, etc.
- Experience working in an ITIL environment and adhering to strict SLA’s
- BPSS, SC & NPPV3 clearance (or ability to achieve)
- CCNA or equivalent knowledge
- CCNP or JNCIS-SP/JNCIP-SP/equivalent knowledge
- F5 BigIP experience (including F5 BigIP)
- Firewall knowledge (Cisco ASA, Palo Alto, Checkpoint, Cisco firepower etc.)
- Excellent communication skills.
- Able to learn and adapt quickly
At Capita Networking Solutions, we’re developing the national infrastructure of the future. Our work involves designing, building, operating and optimising networks for customers like the National Air Traffic Service, Transport for London and the Scottish WAN. Our customer engagement team and cyber security teams are keeping people both connected to the services they need and safe as they use them. Join us and discover better ways to connect the nation.
What’s in it for you?
- A competitive basic salary
- 23 days’ holiday (rising to 27) with the opportunity to buy extra leave
- The opportunity to take a paid day out of the office, volunteering for our charity partners or a cause of your choice
- Company matched pension, life assurance, a cycle2work scheme, 15 weeks’ fully paid maternity, adoption and shared parental leave, paternity pay of two weeks…and plenty more
- Voluntary benefits designed to suit your lifestyle – from discounts on retail and socialising, to health & wellbeing, travel and technology
- Access to our Employee Network Groups, which represent every strand of diversity and allow colleagues to connect and learn from each other on an open, inclusive platform
Job ID: 3977