Capita is looking for a 3rd Line Engineer - based in West Malling
Capita Networking Solutions, is one of the market leaders in providing the public and private sectors with a complete network solution, by creating, implementing and managing secure, cost‐effective and high‐capacity broadband networks.
The 3rd Line engineers provide a more in-depth knowledge in technology skill-sets providing support for escalations and incident management, technical problem management and service requests.
- Mentor more inexperienced members of the team providing technical support where required or needed
- Provide training, guidance and support for new members of staff to the NOC
- Management of major incident/high importance faults based on priority levels
- Lead by example, by ensuring that a high level of service is delivered to the customer at all times via the phone, email or face to face and that the management & information on their support requests are of a high standard, following agreed fault-finding procedures at all times.
- Proactively escalate any potential SLA failures to the Service Operations Management team and/or Service Delivery Managers.
- Proactively monitor the IT Service Management tool to ensure that SLA’s are within target.
- Proactively raise any issues or improvements identified relating to the team or processes to the NOC Team Leaders.
- Identify and report any inconsistencies with the Configuration Management Database to the SACM/Knowledge Manager.
- Review configurations for new LAN/WAN/Wifi and Firewall installations
- Ensure the integrity of the Network Management platforms
- Implement Problem Management Root Cause Analysis
- Possess advanced troubleshooting capability, including Trace Analysis
- Triage tickets within the IT Service Management (ITSM) tool (BMC Remedy), that have been logged by automated alerts.
- Work within strict SLA’s to provide our customers with a timely resolution.
- Ensure all support requests are up to date and in hand at the end of each shift, handing over any outstanding issues to the next shift staff.
- Configure and Troubleshoot, various network devices, such as Switches, Routers, Firewalls, Wireless LAN Controllers, from various mainstream vendors such as Cisco, Juniper, Checkpoint, HP. Etc.
- Troubleshoot, log and manage circuit faults (including ADSL, SDSL, Ethernet, NGA, MPF, SMPF) on our third party suppliers systems.
- Liaise with 3rd party engineers/SME’s (Phone, Email, Webchat etc) to work towards fault resolution
- Actively monitor the networks using our network monitoring system Solarwinds
- Work in a rota to provide an On-Call escalation point out of hours
- Excellent communication skills – Essential
- Experience working in an ITIL structured environment and adhering to strict SLA’s
- CCNP or relevant IT network certification
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
- Working understanding of Microsoft Office products
- Technical Lead of Severity/Priority 1 major incidents
- Proven customer service/helpdesk/NOC experience
- Ability to work under pressure – Essential
- Experience of configuring/troubleshooting firewalls from multiple vendors (Juniper / Cisco / Palo Alto)
- Experience of NEXUS Data centre switches (2/3/5/7/9K)
- Advanced Experience of Troubleshooting Enterprise Networks (LAN/WAN/WIFI/Data Centre)
All interviews, assessments and background checks will continue to take place online, to completely remove the need for face-to-face contact. All Capita colleagues who can work from home should do so; and where it is not possible for colleagues to work remotely, we have taken important steps to protect those working from Capita’s offices. Social distancing, enhanced hygiene and safety measures are already in place at all Capita locations that are open to protect our colleagues and manage the risk of COVID-19. The welfare of our people is of paramount importance to us, and we’re doing everything we can to keep our colleagues and customers safe during this time.
We’re an equal opportunity employer, which means we’ll consider all suitably qualified applicants regardless of gender identity or expression, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, age, sexual orientation, disability status or any other protected characteristic. We recruit and develop our people based on merit and their passion for creating better outcomes, and we’re committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Job ID: 3986