We’re supporting our clients as they adapt to a new world in the wake of COVID-19. We’re now recruiting for roles which will help our clients to deliver vital services and to resume business wherever possible.
What you’ll be doing:
A 2nd Line Engineer is required to join our growing team of NOC engineers within our Network Operations Team.
The NOC is a busy and dynamic environment, staffed by a team who are the focal point of contact for our customers, field engineers and 3rd party suppliers.
The 2nd Line engineers provide a more in-depth knowledge in technology skill-sets providing support for escalations and incident management, including service requests from the 1st Line team.
The successful candidate will be a team player, hardworking, methodical and have a professional manner. They must be able to multi task and have a positive “can do” attitude with an effective eye for detail and to be a point of contact to first line support in an advisory and technical capacity, as well as a demonstrable aptitude for learning and self-development.
• Provide support for the NOC Team Leaders
• Be a 1st point of escalation for both technical and non-technical queries from other members of the NOC
• Mentor more inexperienced members of the team providing technical support where required or needed
• Provide training, guidance and support for new members of staff to the NOC
• Effectively prioritise major incident/high importance faults based on severity levels
• Lead by example, by ensuring that a high level of service is delivered to the customer and suppliers at all times via the phone, email and Service Management tool e-bond and that the management & information on their support requests are of a high standard, following agreed fault-finding procedures at all times.
• Proactively escalate any potential SLA failures to the management team for awareness.
• Proactively monitor the IT Service Management tool to ensure that SLA’s are within target.
• Proactively seek out opportunities to enhance the service provision
• Proactively raise any issues or improvements identified relating to the team or processes to the NOC Team Leaders.
• Identify and report any inconsistencies with the Configuration Management Database to the SACM/Knowledge Manager.
• Setup/troubleshoot configurations for new LAN/WAN/Wifi and Firewall installations
• Use of the firewalls as a diagnostic tool for investigation and troubleshooting various issues
• Carry out basic firewall changes as per customer requests
• Troubleshoot and diagnose tickets within the IT Service Management (ITSM) tool (BMC Remedy), that have been logged by automated alerts.
• Proactively investigate and mitigate events, to proactively prevent Incidents
• Work within strict SLA’s to provide our customers with a timely resolution.
• Ensure that the customer is kept informed of the progress of the fault and the system is kept updated regularly
• Configure and Troubleshoot, various network devices, such as Switches, Routers, Firewalls, Wireless LAN Controllers, from various mainstream vendors such as Cisco, Juniper, Checkpoint, Palo Alto. Etc.
• Troubleshoot, log and manage circuit faults (including ADSL, SDSL, Ethernet, NGA, MPF, SMPF) on our third party suppliers systems.
• Liaise with 3rd party engineers/SME’s (Phone, Email, Webchat etc) to work towards fault resolution
• Provide support and carry out remote configurations and diagnostic checks for/with our field engineers
• Actively monitor the networks using our network monitoring system Solarwinds
• Validate device backups schedules, report by exception
What we’re looking for:
• Experience in working on an Enterprise Grade Network Infrastructure (LAN/WAN/WiFi/Firewalls
• Excellent communication skills
• Being able to convey a technical issue in lay-speak when necessary
• Experience working in an ITIL structured environment and adhering to strict SLA’s
• Minimum of foundation qualifications from Cisco, Juniper or Palo Alto
• Attention to detail and accuracy
• Ability to remain calm under pressure
• Working understanding of Microsoft Office products
• Technical Lead of Severity/Priority 1 major incidents
• Proven customer service/helpdesk/NOC experience
• Ability to work under pressure
Capita Network Solutions connect people. We design, build, operate and optimise every form of network service – from Internet to WAN, from LAN to Cloud – with the capability to deliver locally, nationally and globally. Our strategic partnerships with major UK telecoms providers mean we can deliver network coverage across the whole UK. We also have a customer engagement team to keep people online, and a cyber security teams to keep people safe online. With our partner business, Capita IT Services, we’re able to offer an exceptional, scalable range of capabilities - be it within a company’s own network or in the cloud; consultancy or implementation; managed service or full business outsource.
What’s in it for you?
You’ll get the chance to follow your chosen career path anywhere in Capita. You’ll be joining a network of 63,000 experienced, innovative and dedicated individuals across multiple disciplines and sectors. There are countless opportunities to learn new skills and develop in your career, and we’ll provide the support you need to do just that. Our purpose is to create a better outcome for you.
What we hope you’ll do next:
Choose ‘Apply now’ to fill out our short application, so that we can find out more about you.
We’re an equal opportunity employer, which means we’ll consider all suitably qualified applicants regardless of gender identity or expression, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, age, sexual orientation, disability status or any other protected characteristic. We recruit and develop our people based on merit and their passion for creating better outcomes, and we’re committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
All interviews, assessments and background checks will continue to take place online, to completely remove the need for face-to-face contact. All Capita colleagues who can work from home should do so; and where it is not possible for colleagues to work remotely, we have taken important steps to protect those working from Capita’s offices. Social distancing, enhanced hygiene and safety measures are already in place at all Capita locations that are open to protect our colleagues and manage the risk of COVID-19. The welfare of our people is of paramount importance to us, and we’re doing everything we can to keep our colleagues and customers safe during this time
Job ID: 3987