Shift Supervisor – Quincy, IL
This is an exempt level position.
Must be able to work 1st, 2nd and 3rd shift rotation, includes weekends and holidays. The candidate for this position will primarily be working 2nd/3rd shift.
The Shift Supervisor primary area of responsibility is to supervise the daily activities of hourly personnel, in all departments while assisting in determining workflow and scheduling. The Quincy facility is a soybean processing facility and the candidate for this position would be working in the silo department. This is a non-union facility. The skills necessary to be successful include the ability to lead and manage plant priorities in areas including plant and personnel safety, administration of corporate and plant policies, quality control, environmental compliance, production, cost management, and food safety. This is an excellent opportunity for an individual who is an hourly looking to step up to a supervisor role or already has supervisor experience.
• Display a commitment to lead, participate and support ongoing safety including values based safety efforts.
• Assist in the daily plant operations, which include safety and environmental compliance, food safety, quality control, production, cost optimization and efficiencies.
• Understanding of operations, rules, regulations, policies and have the ability to communicate those requirements effectively to the workforce.
• Maintain good working relationships with all employees. Oversee completion of GMP Audit and Sanitation items throughout the facility.
• Provide solutions and promote teamwork amongst the various groups such as production, maintenance and lab.
• The candidate must be able to work a rotating shift in a variety of environmental conditions.
• Ability to climb stairs, some lifting, sit and stand for long periods of time, work with heights, bending, kneeling and respirator qualified.
• Excellent communication skills to provide guidance and feedback.
• Results driven to provide support to achieve the goals established by management.
• The ability to provide motivation to the direct reports and demonstrate leadership qualities to all plant personnel.
• Problem solving skills and sound decision making are necessary to be successful.
• High school diploma or equivalent.
This position includes a full benefits package including 401K/ESOP, pension, health, life and dental benefits.
ADM is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability and veteran status.
At ADM, we unlock the power of nature to provide access to nutrition worldwide. With industry-advancing innovations, a complete portfolio of ingredients and solutions to meet any taste, and a commitment to sustainability, we give customers an edge in solving the nutritional challenges of today and tomorrow. We’re a global leader in human and animal nutrition and the world’s premier agricultural origination and processing company. Our breadth, depth, insights, facilities and logistical expertise give us unparalleled capabilities to meet needs for food, beverages, health and wellness, and more. From the seed of the idea to the outcome of the solution, we enrich the quality of life the world over. Learn more at www.adm.com.
ADM is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability and veterans status.