Instrumentation & Electrical Tech – Decatur Complex - Decatur IL
This is an hourly position.
You can expect to be placed at any one of the Decatur Complex facilities. This position could be in a union or non-union facility. This I&E technician will utilize developed skills to implement assigned activities of predictive, preventive, or planned maintenance programs designed to support the power, motor control, process control, or pneumatic systems of the plant.
Essential Job Functions:
- Actively champion and promote all safety related policies and programs to ensure colleague engagement and commitment to the benefits of working safe
- Actively participate in planned, preventative, and/or predictive maintenance activities that support the electrical and process control systems
- Ability perform independently or as a team member to trouble-shoot, diagnose, and propose/implement electrical power, control equipment, and component repair solutions that may or may not be included in planned work
- Comprehend and implement standard electrical work practices and guidelines to include those outlined by such organizations as the National Fire Protection Agency (NEC) and the IEEE to insure a quality and compliance
- Utilize the functions of the maintenance management system to facilitate job plans, record maintenance activities on plant assets, and communicate status updates and support on assigned maintenance tasks
- Understands their role in food and quality systems, actively participates in food safety efforts to ensure all activities conform to good manufacturing practices
- Responsible for utilizing the Performance Excellence process
- Committed to ADM’s goal of achieving a zero injury culture; understand and follow company safety procedures
- Possess basic knowledge of AC/DC circuit theory, process sensors/transmitters, and electrical safety devices (breakers, fuses, etc.)
- 2-4 years instrumentation experience and/or equivalent degree or schooling (industrial or commercial setting); able to run conduit, troubleshoot, read blue prints
- Excellent communication & organizational skills; able to collaborate with colleagues and management teams to complete assignments in a timely manner
- Willing to improve technical skills through on-the-job and/or outside training
- Willing to work shift and weekends and available for on-call, after hours needs
- Extensive knowledge and experience with our CMMS (Maximo)
- Detailed understanding of Food Manufacturing Plant Operation and Maintenance
- Basic knowledge using a HART communicator and laptop to communicate with instruments is preferred
- Ability to lift and transport materials and equipment weighing up to thirty (30) pounds on a frequent basis, up to fifty (50) pounds on an occasional basis with assistance
- Ability to traverse up to two (2) miles
- Ability to move about or to a work site by stooping, bending, kneeling, or squatting frequently; may require periods of prolonged sitting or standing
- Ability to work at different heights and confined spaces; may require work on ladders, scaffolding, or other height exposures
- Full range of physical motion is required in order to operate manual and electrically powered tools and test equipment
Relocation assistance is not available with this position.
This position offers a complete benefit package, including 401K/ESOP, pension, health, life and dental insurance.
ADM requires the successful completion of applicable pre-employment drug screen, medical/respirator questionnaire and a background check.
At ADM, we unlock the power of nature to provide access to nutrition worldwide. With industry-advancing innovations, a complete portfolio of ingredients and solutions to meet any taste, and a commitment to sustainability, we give customers an edge in solving the nutritional challenges of today and tomorrow. We’re a global leader in human and animal nutrition and the world’s premier agricultural origination and processing company. Our breadth, depth, insights, facilities and logistical expertise give us unparalleled capabilities to meet needs for food, beverages, health and wellness, and more. From the seed of the idea to the outcome of the solution, we enrich the quality of life the world over. Learn more at www.adm.com.
ADM is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability and veterans status.