The role of FOB Trucking Merchandiser is to work closely with ADM Soy Processing, ADM Cotton Processing, ADM Golden Peanut and other ADM FOB Trucking teams to maximize company trading opportunities. There is a strong emphasis on communication and teamwork in this position in an effort to provide cost competitive, reliable freight for the placement of ADM and third-party products in the marketplace.
Description of work performed:
• Participate in the Valdosta region origination, trading and logistics, providing insight and discussing opportunities. Gain understanding of capacities and capabilities of Soy, Cottonseed and Peanut Processing plants and 3rd party assets in region to optimize logistics and execute on trades.
• Discover and enhance domestic market opportunities. Increase the number of origination and destination markets while utilizing trucks to expand the draw territories for the Southeast region.
• Identify and analyze market opportunities by maintaining close contact with other ADM divisions, external customers and truck carriers.
• Maintain a precise understanding of current freight rates, freight lanes and product flows in the trade area.
• Communicate market information both within the office and throughout the company as market opportunities present themselves.
Key Skills and Competencies
• Achievement motivation
• Analytical thinking
• Conceptual thinking
• Dealing with failure
• Information Seeking
• Organizational awareness
Required Knowledge and Skills:
• University Degree in Agriculture or related field of study
• 2+ years of experience in commodity trading and or logistics
• Computer competence, especially use of email, Future Source, AGRIS, IBM, and internal web based applications
• Demonstrated capacity to excel in a fast paced environment
• This position requires working at a desk both on a telephone and at a computer for prolonged periods of time
• Some overnight travel required with this position
Relocation assistance is available with this position.
At ADM, we unlock the power of nature to provide access to nutrition worldwide. With industry-advancing innovations, a complete portfolio of ingredients and solutions to meet any taste, and a commitment to sustainability, we give customers an edge in solving the nutritional challenges of today and tomorrow. We’re a global leader in human and animal nutrition and the world’s premier agricultural origination and processing company. Our breadth, depth, insights, facilities and logistical expertise give us unparalleled capabilities to meet needs for food, beverages, health and wellness, and more. From the seed of the idea to the outcome of the solution, we enrich the quality of life the world over. Learn more at www.adm.com.
ADM is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability and veterans status.