Inspired by the core of our company strategy, to become a leading Technology Communications business, we are embarking on a new journey to create IT as a Platform; a best-in-class cloud native, secure by design, always on platform to expose IT, Global and Regional product platforms capabilities through valuable APIs that sit at the heart of successful ventures to come.
What you will be doing?
We are looking for an IT Enterprise Architect with strong digital experience to drive the definition and execution of the strategic Tech 2025 “Vodafone Open Digital Architecture” – working closely on elaboration of the architecture with an agile approach – using multiple pathways including Architecture Blueprints as well as practical innovation prototypes, proof of concepts and supporting minimal viable product developments.
The role will focus Architecture transformation of capabilities including;
• Omni-Channel: Digital Self Service and Human Assisted Channel Capabilities
• Digital Experience Layer - Cloud Native, Microservice based platform delivering omni-channel capabilities across all Customer Journeys
• Core Commerce and Party Management Capabilities
• Integration Capabilities and Architecture
• Support Enterprise Architecture Governance
You will deliver Architecture Deliverables to support a diverse range of strategic transformation initiatives across Vodafone Group and participating Local Market and Partner Market Companies to bring best in class Customer experience across digitally enabled products and services working. You will work closely both with our commercial business strategy teams and our technology teams across architecture, engineering and cybersecurity. You will help drive the definition of architecture vision through pragmatic architecture and engineering approaches, working on collaborative prototypes, proof of concepts and minimal viable products.
This position is a key member of the Global Architecture team: you know that for Digital & IT Transformation to be successful in an organization, you need buy-in from different teams – business and technology executives, architecture, development and operations and you will need to apply your outstanding stakeholder management in order to influence at all levels of the organisation.
Key accountabilities and decision ownership:
• Participate in the creation / maintenance of overall Enterprise Architecture Deliverables including Strategy and Reference Architectures coordinating input from diverse Architecture Stakeholders
• Participate in the creation, ownership, and maintenance and publish the IT Architecture and Strategy, Work with Local Market Architecture Leads to align local strategy, architecture and roadmap to the overall IT Architecture and Strategy, Enterprise Data Model and IT Roadmap.
• Work with local markets and group technology teams to roll out transformation communities of practice (building inner source communities, co-creating Architecture Blueprints, and Agile methods and organisation)
• Produce, Support & Guide the Delivery of Target, Transitional and Target Enterprise and Solution Architectures for business and IT transformation deliveries through the appropriate Architectural Artefacts, Deliverables and Communications
Core competencies, knowledge and experience:
• Capability to articulate and define complex architectures in a simple way to a diverse range of business and technology stakeholders underpinned by a structured analytical approach and high-quality Architectural Artefacts and Deliverables.
• Excellent communication skills (both written and spoken). Able to gain influence at senior levels across Vodafone Local Markets, Partners and Affiliates, Suppliers putting across complex ideas in a simple way. Specific experience and demonstrable capability around the effective presentation of Architecture concepts to a diverse range of stakeholders.
• Excellent interpersonal, influencing and negotiating skills and able to adjust own style to suit audience and achieve objectives
• Demonstrable track record of delivering on projects that span multi-disciplinary areas, preferably in a large telecommunications and/or Digital organisation Enterprise Architecture, Business and IT environments.
• Sound overall knowledge and ability to learn of applications, integration, and data architecture methodologies and industry best practices e.g. TOGAF, SAFe®, OpenGroup IT4IT, TMForum Open Digital Architecture