As an Executive Assistant, you will work closely with the Executive Committee members, providing extensive diary management along with maintaining and monitoring of email inboxes. You will help them to be as effective as they possibly can be and ensure you make the best use of their time.
You will often be the first port of call for the Executive Committee member and therefore the ability to work with senior stakeholders is hugely beneficial, whilst also maintaining the utmost discretion.
The role will work with the Executive Committee members and their senior leadership teams.
You may lead a team of one or two PAs who provide support to the business unit’s Senior Leadership Team.
You will also have the peer support of EAs that support the other Executive Committee members.
- The key responsibility in this role involves extensive diary management and the monitor and actioning of the executive committee email inbox, including organisation and prioritisation of all internal and external meeting and diary arrangements, keeping the Exco Member up to date on any changes and/or additions.
- Communication is key in this role and you’ll be communicating on behalf of the Executive Committee members both internally and externally across all levels. You will be required to attend their team meetings capturing actions and running the agenda.
- Occasional travel between London and Manchester will need to be arranged ensuring that you adhere to travel policies and ensuring that you make the best use of their time. Some international travel may also be required and in such cases you may also be required to complete Visa applications.
- From time to time, you’ll assist with the organisation of quarterly or monthly off sites, co-ordinate the agenda, book rooms, organise the layout and attending on the day to ensure the event runs smoothly. Part of this may involve booking travel and accommodation where required.
- The production of PowerPoints and board papers may also be required for key meetings so being two steps ahead will ensure that these can be produced in the relevant timeframes ensuring the Executive Committee member is fully prepared for their meetings.
- The role will involve regular interaction with other PA and EAs to ensure all internal meetings run as smoothlyand effectively as possible. Managing diary conflicts will need outstanding calendar management skills and being a creative problem solver to proactively manage the diaries to ensure the best use of their time is essential.
- You will be responsible for leading a team of PAs to support the Senior Leadership Team. This will include planning resource, supporting the development of your team members and ensuring the quality of service.
- Part of the role will require raising purchase orders and completing expenses in a timely manner as well as providing holiday cover for the other EAs when required to meet the needs of the business.
- Extensive experience working in an extremely fast-paced and changing environment is essential in this role, as is a can-do attitude, excellent communication skills along with great planning and organisation.
- The ability to work on your own initiative and paying great attention to details is a must whilst also being able to cope well with ambiguity and change is a great advantage.
- Discretion and understanding of highly confidential issues is key to the role as you will be handling sensitive and confidential materials which must be done so with the upmost discretion. The successful candidate should be confident in interacting with senior stakeholders both internally and externally and will often be the first point of call.
- This role will suit a committed team player who is highly motivated, with the highest attention to detail and an ability to catch problems before they become issues, someone who is a perfectionist in what they do with significant experience directly supporting senior directors in a complex, fast paced business.
As a recognised Top 50 Inclusive Employer in the UK, we know that diversity means success and innovation. We want our workplace to reflect the communities and customer we serve. Being inclusive is part of our DNA; we are all 100% human, and we create a culture where you can truly be yourself.
We’re also not your usual 9-5. We are a dynamic workplace and we want to talk to you about how you like to work.