Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us to achieve our mission.
With over 15,000 employees worldwide, the Microsoft Customer Experience and Success (CEnS) organization is responsible for the strategy, design, and implementation of the Microsoft end-to-end customer experience. This newly expanded organization reflects the Microsoft ambition to be known as a customer experience company, ensuring our Microsoft mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more is enabled by delighting customers and consistently exceeding their expectations in every interaction through a connected customer experience.
Microsoft has a tremendous opportunity to exceed customer expectations and drive greater customer loyalty and trust, which leads to greater satisfaction, retention, and growth. The CEnS organization is looking for people with a passion for delivering customer success to help us build a future where customers come to us, not only because we provide industry-leading products and services, and also because we provide a differentiated and connected customer experience that is rooted in our commitment to delivering on customer outcomes.
Support Escalation Engineers (SEE) serve as Senior technical leaders for Microsoft customers and partners, via phone, email chats, forums and web. They deliver value by collaboratively solving customer problems, providing proactive support advice, promoting product quality and enhancements, and creating self-help assets to broadly reach more customers. SEEs contribute to the success of others through mentoring peers, delivering one-to-many education and advising Managers on the development of the Team.
The strong suit of an SEE is in employing problem isolation techniques, assets, and product knowledge to solve problems. They investigate and solve highly complex technical issues requiring expert product or service knowledge. They act as a subject matter expert regarding product , configuration and will often employ sophisticated troubleshooting tools such as analysis of event logs, component traces, and performance traces to resolve customer issues. SEEs collaborate with experts from across the business, including our Development Teams.
• Help solve technically complex, strategic, high-profile or long-running customer cases that may require interaction with Software Engineering
• Responsible for the customer support experience with Microsoft
• Own, troubleshoot and solve customer technical issues, using collaboration, troubleshooting best practices and transparency within and across teams (e.g. swarming)
• Identify cases that require escalation (either technically or strategically)
• Create and maintain incident management requests to product group or engineering group
• Contribute to case deflection initiatives, automation and other digital self-help assets to improve customer and engineer experience
• Provide ramp activities, knowledge sharing, technical coaching and mentoring
• Drive technical collaboration and engagement outside of CSS (Product Engineering teams, Services, Support, Regions)
• Lead or participate in building communities with peer delivery roles; may be workload or specialty specific
Language - Fluent in English written and spoken.
We are seeking candidates with at least 1 year of experience in technical /product /software support, systems development, application development, devops, network operations, IT admin, IT consulting, or any customer-facing work experience.
We are seeking candidates with at least one year of experience in any of the following technologies:
• Windows System Administration/Virtualization
• Windows scripting or PowerShell
• Familiarity with Active Directory, Security, OS Internals concepts
• Understanding of Virtualization concepts and virtual system administration
• Familiarity with system management tools such as SCOM
• Experience with Hyper-V configuration and administration
• Familiarity with networking concepts including VIPs, NAT, DNS
• Familiarity with networking tools (ping, tracert, tracemon, wire shark, etc.)
• Familiarity with routing and routing protocols such as BGP or OSPF.
• Understanding of load balancing, geo-redundancy, CDN and VPN technologies preferred
• Understanding of the OSI model and related concepts
• Understanding of TCP/IP and other networking services: DNS, WINS, DHCP, Routing
• Linux OSS (Preferred but not required)
• Familiarity with one, or more, shell environments (BASH, sh, tcsh, ksh, etc.)
• Experience with Linux script-based development environments and tools (PERL, Python, Ruby, PhP, etc.)
• Experience administering Linux (boot process, file systems, network device and protocol configuration)
• LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PhP or Python)
• Windows Desktop, 0365, Exchange Online
• Skype for Business/ Sharepoint / Teams
• OCS/Lync/Skype for Business/Teams, Jabber, Exchange, Zoom, or Cisco WebEX
• Windows Server Operating System knowledge which includes understanding of NTFS/Share Permissions, File Sharing, Performance Monitoring, Event logging, Task Manager, Windows Firewall, User and Group Management
• Chef/Puppet, Docker/Container
core OS services such as: SSH, telnet, FTP, NFS, DNS, DHCP, Samba, LDAP
• IIS and HTTP protocol
• AP, Json templates
• Storage technologies (cloud and/or on premises)
• RDP protocol
• Service Fabric or Azure Cloud Services
• REST API
• .Net development, IIS
• .NET Framework SDK
• Java API/SDK
• Software development experience with C++ or C#
• Debugging code (WINdbg, Visual Studio Debugger)
• Linux, Mac, Java, PHP, Node.js, Python or Ruby.
• Hadoop, NoSQL , ETL, streaming, Machine Learning or other Big Data/Analytics technology
• Programming & Debugging
• Knowledge and experience with the Open Source ecosystem.
• Experience in RDMS such as Microsoft SQL Server and Microsoft BI technologies including SQL Server Analysis Services, Power BI, SQL Server Reporting Service.
We love to get to know candidates with strong technical background in any of the above listed technologies related to infrastructure, IaaS, PaaS, Database, Big Data, Application Development. Nevertheless, do not shy away. If you meet some of the technical requirements, and if you have growth mindset and are a strong believer that knowledge can be developed with effort and persistence, please apply.
Preferred Education and Technical Qualifications:
• B.S. degree in C.S. or E.E. is preferred but not required
• MCSE + I/ MCSD / MCDBAor any other Linux, AWS, GCP certifications is a plus
• Exposure to working with customers on Microsoft Cloud products or Competitive Cloud Solutions
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.