Bechtel is among the most respected engineering, project management, and construction companies in the world. Bechtel operates through four global business units that specialize in infrastructure; mining and metals; nuclear, security and environmental; and oil, gas, and chemicals. Today, our colleague's team with customers, partners, and suppliers on diverse projects in nearly 40 countries. The Infrastructure Global Business Unit (GBU) is executing site civil and marine scopes of work associated with Energy LNG projects.
The candidate will act in a role of Civil Field Engineer supporting the Corpus Christi LNG project. The candidate will locate on a long-term assignment to Gregory, TX.
The Civil Field Engineer is responsible for activities relating to construction engineering within the civil discipline. Duties include interpreting civil design drawings and specifications, planning, field verification of materials, and technical direction to field civil personnel as required. This position is not considered the design authority for the project, but only to enforce civil construction per design.
- Coordinate with engineering on constructability and design issues relating to the civil discipline such as piling, concrete and earthworks.
- Establish a civil design/field engineering working relationship and lines of communication with the Project Engineer, including agreement on civil engineering deliverables and overall construction application configuration management.
- Responsible for quantity take-off, control, tracking, reporting and forecasting for civil discipline.
- Specify the civil criteria for construction of temporary construction facilities as required.
- Direct the preparation of requisitions for field procured materials, material substitution, services and equipment such as reinforcing steel, embeds, etc.
- Review material receiving reports and warehousing to assure delivery of correct civil materials.
- Coordinate and monitor the interfaces for civil data exchange to support the construction automation plan and the project controls program requirements at the jobsite.
- Develop and manage the civil construction quality program.
- Direct preparation of cost estimates for civil construction activities and coordinate the preparation of cost reports, forecast and progress reports.
- Coordinate with Field Supervision and Subcontractors to plan/support construction schedules.
- Plan and recommend civil procedures to be implemented by Field Supervision to ensure construction operations are within requirements of engineering design and specifications.
- Work with customer’s resident engineering and operating personnel to coordinate civil construction activities.
- Coordinate subcontract activities to ensure civil materials, equipment and quality comply with design plans and specifications.
- Implement controls over variables affecting civil installation job progress such as steel erection and platework receipt. Also ensure engineering and procurement provide timely delivery of drawings, materials and equipment and that other corporate programs are fully utilized.
- Administer major subcontract changes regarding the civil discipline and represent the company in major contractual discussions and negotiations.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or another relevant technical discipline from an accredited university as well as a minimum of 9 years of relevant work experience, or 15 years relevant experience in the absence of a degree.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or another relevant technical discipline from an accredited university as well as a minimum of 13 years of relevant work experience, or 19 years relevant experience in the absence of a degree.
- Previous experience in direct hire pile driving is required.
- Have working knowledge of structural construction operations.
- Demonstrated commitment to Environment, Safety and Health (ES&H). Demonstrated commitment to a Zero Accident safety program.
- Must be computer-literate in word processing, spreadsheet and database applications.
- Must be familiar with current industry quality standards.
- Experience resolving Requests for Information (RFIs), Field Change Documents (FCDs), and Non Conformance/Compliance Reports (NCRs) between project sites, contractors, clients, and home office.
- Basic knowledge of work packaging.
Additional Requirements (optional):
- Intermediate understanding of production management including scheduling.
- Strong communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Intermediate knowledge of cost management including estimating and forecast development.
- Previous supervisory experience within civil discipline.
- Direct hire construction experience.