Netflix is the world's leading streaming entertainment service with 208 million paid memberships in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, documentaries and feature films across a wide variety of genres and languages. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments. Read our culture memo to learn more about how we work.
We are looking for an experienced industry professional to join the Legal Delivery team. The successful candidate will work across all UK content, supporting both owned and licensed productions and will have an array of responsibilities within their role.
The Legal Delivery team at Netflix is responsible for coordinating the management and dissemination of a high volume of contracts and other legal documentation related to our original and branded content. Internally, the team is highly-cross functional and deeply engaged with stakeholders such as marketing legal, business and legal affairs, production, post production, intellectual property and finance. Externally, our team works closely with content producers, licensors and other partners to ensure legal and production documentation is successfully delivered to Netflix.
- 5+ years’ production and/or business & legal affairs experience, working within a studio/network entertainment environment or production office.
- Experience across various content-types/genres preferred - incl. documentaries and scripted drama.
- Prior experience with legal delivery and/or contract management and/or post-production paperwork.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and effectively in a fast-paced environment interacting with productions, cross functional partners (e.g., Production, Finance, Legal Marketing, Finance), and third party vendors.
- Tech-savvy individual proficient in Gmail and Google Docs with a strong sense of how cloud-based document and database systems are used in a modern business environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong analytical capabilities and judgement. Comfortable making decisions independently with little guidance and in some cases no “playbook”.
- Ability to work proactively and reliably under tight timeframes, thinking practically and solution-oriented.
- Strong organisational skills.
- Ability to operate in a fast paced, collaborative setting, balancing multitudes of information across content types.
- Discretion. Can be trusted to maintain confidentiality and safeguard valuable information.
- Skilled at identifying priorities with good time management.
- Comfortable asking questions and proactively seeking clarity to move quickly to action.
- Willingness to tackle matters outside your area of expertise.
- A commitment to embrace and advocate for inclusion is essential.
- Coordinate legal delivery for Owned Originals across all UK content types
- Assess and understand contractual obligations at a title level and adjust legal delivery requirements accordingly.
- Serve as an outward facing representative to external production partners and communicate legal delivery requirements on a project-by-project basis
- Serve as a legal delivery point person to internal cross-functional partners and align with stakeholders to meet cross-functional needs
- Work with internal teams in finding more efficient solutions and workflows to completing the above mentioned tasks
- Ensure legal deliverables are filed and delivered accurately, working with external and internal partners throughout the course of a project
- Stay aligned with company developments and impacts to ensure legal delivery practices fit accordingly