We are seeking an experienced Production Executive to manage Netflix's global productions based out of the UK. This is a permanent full-time position which will report to the Director, Production Management, Global Franchises, deputising as required and is a key member of Drama’s Production Management Team. Together, this team is responsible for supervising all aspects of the production of Netflix Global Franchise shows both Self Managed and with third-party vendors and crews.
This is a demanding and fast-moving position that requires someone who is a proactive and positive thinker, and able to exercise good judgment and initiative. A successful candidate will be a seasoned TV production expert who is quick-thinking, able to pivot when necessary, thorough and able to juggle multiple priorities and collaborate well with a large number of experienced and seasoned stakeholders.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Reviewing scripts and working with Showrunners, EICs and Line Producers to prepare and vet show budgets and schedules, providing feedback on viability and risks
- Support the Director of the team in developing long term strategy for the department
- Lead or assist with search and hire of key production staff
- Work with different Netflix department teams like Creative, Finance, Legal, Post Production & external production crews on establishing key production schedules and workflows
- Determine key vendors to accommodate creative vision and relationships, tax incentives, budget needs, location issues and curate key relationships for future productions
- Work with Producers and Line Producers to manage and approve all costs
- At least 10 Years of production management, ideally as the Head of Production or Production Executive, Line Producer or Senior Production Manager.
- Extensive experience managing large-budget TV scripted shows is required in this role.
- Experience as a freelancer and on a network/studio level or In-house for a production company is preferred
- Proficiency in Google Suite and Movie Magic Budgeting and Movie Magic Scheduling
The Ideal Candidate will:
- Have the ability to handle a fast-paced environment simultaneously supervising several projects in various points of production
- Have the ability to present information reliably and succinctly
- Be familiar with the current trends and workflows in the industry
- Be forward-thinking and strive to embrace new ideas and change
- Be comfortable responding after-hours for important, timely or urgent matters
- Occasional domestic and international travel (when possible)
- Demonstrable the ability to resolve problems as they arise.
- Foster collaborative behaviour in a way that encourages best practice