This role manages the Core Costs & Capex team within Financial Accounting (FA). We ensure appropriate accounting treatment and robust financial control environment across the Core Costs & Capex related areas, spanning from leasing per IFRS 16 to monitoring non-stock purchasing to reviewing financial reconciliations and reporting.
‘Core Costs’ incorporates but is not limited to: payroll, marketing, occupancy, legal, PX, production, technology and other operating costs. ‘Capex’ includes tangible and intangible assets, including assets under construction, additions, disposals, depreciation, and impairment processes. As processes and the business evolve, the remit of Core Costs and Capital Expenditure may change, and we are looking for someone who is interested in this area and taking this forward.
What you’ll be doing…
- Develop and maintain a detailed knowledge of the business core costs and capex operations to support across finance and non-finance stakeholders
- Ownership for ensuring correct accounting treatment in accordance with IFRS accounting standards across the core costs and capex area, being pro-active to review current treatment and be able to provide guidance to the business as required
- Acting as a Business Partner to support the business to understand business initiatives and associated change impacts from requirements through to successful implementation.
- Collaboration with Accounts Payable team for joint ownership over the non-stock Purchase Order process and ensuring timely payment to suppliers, through weekly communications to business partners, monitoring outstanding POs report and guiding on provisioning
- Reviewing of Accounts Receivable invoicing and credit control for Other income areas
- Ownership for review and challenge across the core costs and capex area for actuals across the P&L and Balance Sheet accounts, leading and enhancing the monthly challenge sessions
- Ownership for review and input to the Financial Control pack ensuring key messaging is conveyed effectively to Senior Management
- Ensure appropriate and robust financial control environment on all core costs and capex areas
- Ensure financial controls, processes and risks are fully documented for all core costs and capex areas and regularly updated to meet the demands of a rapidly growing business. Providing analysis, identifying potential process and control weaknesses and recommendations to management as required and with consideration to the future of UK SOX
- Assist in the successful delivery of interim and year-end audit as well as ad hoc internal audits as required, ensuring all documents are delivered timely and to required standard
- To assist in other ad hoc projects as required by the Head of Financial Accounting to provide business insight and ensure that Company objectives and deadlines are met
- Lead the core costs and capex team to deliver objectives aligned with both Finance and ASOS goals, including excellent stakeholder management both internal and external to Finance
- Provide coaching to team members and support them in their career development, creating a supportive learning environment in which talent flourishes
- Manage and support the team on a day-to-day basis to ensure all deadlines are met and pro-active with challenging the status quo of these tasks
We’d love to meet, someone with…
- An accounting qualification (preferably CIMA, ACCA or ACA).
- Business partnering experience.
- Comprehensive understanding of IFRS accounting standards and practical application.
- A background of carrying out or providing information for external and internal audits.
- Flexible with the ability to identify opportunities and implement practical and commercial solutions.
- Excellent communication/ interpersonal and influencing skills.
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Disciplined approach to documentation of work
- Strong leadership, team development and stakeholder management
- An ability to determine insightful observations from detail for management attention.
- The ability to be proactive within a fast-paced, dynamic environment susceptible to change
What's in it for you?
- Competitive salary, bonus, and pension matching
- Life insurance, free private medical care, cycle to work scheme + more
- A bespoke flexible benefits scheme catered to you
- Best in class Learning & Development schemes and career development programmes
- 25 days holiday + never work on your birthday again!
- Free modern onsite gym, plus personal training, and wellness rooms
- A dynamic social environment, from company-wide sports days, charity days, ‘Give A Week Away’ opportunities to visit our charity partners in India & company-wide celebrations to name just a few
- Huge staff discounts and sample sales