Insights & Analytics help us to better understand where our users come from and what they do when they’re on the site. We want to know how they find us, the devices they use, how they interact with the site, and how successful we are at converting them into customers. So, when you spot any awesome new changes to the site, it’s because our team have used customer data to drive changes, improve usability and, ultimately, improve the whole experience.
The Insights & Analytics department is responsible for understanding customer behaviour across all ASOS digital touchpoints. We capture and analyse huge volumes of data and turn them into actionable insights to inform the strategy of our business, with particular focus on Marketing, Retail and Product. We are passionate about our customers and love to play with data and technology.
As Experimentation Analyst, you will have a key role in the Digital Experience Insight team, using data insights from A/B tests and multivariate testing to drive change and maximise revenue across the ASOS digital estate.
What you’ll be doing:
- Analysing the results of A/B and multivariate tests using Optimizely, Adobe Analytics and other tools, harnessing insight and producing actionable recommendations that feed into the product
- Generating and leveraging customer segments to target and personalise the customer experience
- Turning ideas, from both quantitative and qualitative data sources, into test plans with strong hypotheses and well-defined success metrics
- Creating detailed test tracking specifications
- Disseminating test results with stakeholders and throughout the business
- Developing an expertise of testing/optimisation best practices and using this knowledge to advocate testing across the business
- Identifying areas of the site with high testing potential
We’d love to meet someone with:
- A genuine passion and curiosity for using data to drive change
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience in an analytics-based role
- Strong foundation in enterprise analytics tools such as Adobe or Google Analytics
- Understanding of A/B testing
- Knowledge of testing tools (e.g. Adobe Target, Optimizely, Maxymiser)
- Knowledge of different CRO tactics & software (heatmaps, scrollmaps, visitor recordings, NPS scores)
- Understanding of scripting language and software such as SQL, R, Python