The central objective of the People relations team is to ensure the fair, consistent and respectful treatment of ASOSers within the framework of our core values and business objectives. To support that objective an ER Specialist is required on an initial 6 month fixed term contract to assist with proactive and reactive people relations activity. The individual will work as a project manager on a proactive program to improve people relations across ASOS both in the UK and Internationally. This includes a review and relaunch of both the Absence Management and Performance Management processes amongst other areas.
This role will also have a reactive remit, supporting the People Relations team in providing specialist ER advice and guidance across ASOS. As a member of the People Relations team in PX, this role will work closely with our People Advisors to manage employee relations, ensuring a fair and consistent approach, in line with Company and legal requirements. This role would suit an individual who specialises in ER, or wishes to, and has significant complex ER experience. The right candidate must have led on complex case work and must have experience rolling out management training on policies and procedures. Experience of EMEA would be an advantage.
This role will be working in a fast paced, commercial environment, where change is constant, and flexibility is vital for success. Balancing time between project work and reactive case work is critical.
Some call it HR, at ASOS we are The People Experience Team. We're a bunch of talented HR professionals who love and thrive in working with creative, commercial and challenging client groups. Most businesses have some kind of HR presence but to get the opportunity to be part of a proactive team in a global company as successful as ASOS; well, those chances don't come along very often.
You will be…
- Supporting the People Relations Partner in providing expert advice and guidance to the People Relations Team and wider business on all ER matters, identifying strengths, weaknesses, challenges and opportunities from a commercial and People Experience perspective.
- Acting as an escalation point for PX Advisers and wider Partnering, upskilling and coaching a team of PX Advisors through complex ER cases where appropriate.
- Ensuring consistency and fairness in all ER processes and reviewing policies and procedures to ensure we are following best practice
- Project management of proactive employee relations solutions including a review of all Absence management processes.
- Guiding Managers through complex employee relations cases in real time, intervening and steering in the appropriate direction taking account of company policies, employment law, best practice and precedent.
- Managing our relationship with Occupational Health, ensuring we get the most out of the reports and appropriate reasonable adjustments are put in place.
- Embedding procedures across ASOS through upskilling of managers via delivery of people process training sessions.
We’d love to meet, someone with…
- Previous experience of managing and advising on complex ER cases, ideally with ACAS EC and ET experience
- Previous experience developing ER data to provide insights for proactive action
- Up to date legal knowledge and a passion for Employee Relations
- Experience managing TUPE and redundancy processes
- Experience in managing cases or developing policies in Germany and/ or USA would be an advantage
- Confidence to challenge where appropriate and work through ambiguity
- Experience of applying best practice to people issues
- Highly numerate with good attention to detail
- Team player who works collaboratively for the success of the wider team
- Deals with confidential information with tact and diplomacy, 100% discreet
- Confident communicator, comfortable communicating with employees at all levels
- Able to manage own emotions in the face of pressure, set-backs or dealing with challenging situations
- Excellent organisational skills, always meeting deadlines
- Happy to deal with ambiguity, fluid situations and changing deadlines
- Able to balance priorities with the ability to handle the day to day workload as well as project support
- Proactive approach to understanding ASOS and the areas you support
What's in it for you?
- Competitive salary,
- Life insurance, free private medical care, cycle to work scheme + more
- A bespoke flexible benefits scheme catered to you
- Best in class Learning & Development schemes and career development programmes
- 25 days holiday + never work on your birthday again!
- Free modern onsite gym, plus personal training and wellness rooms
- A dynamic social environment, from company-wide sports days, charity days, ‘Give A Week Away’ opportunities to visit our charity partners in India & company-wide celebrations to name just a few
- Staff discounts and sample sales