What you’ll be doing:
- Delivery: Shape, own and be accountable for all elements of the delivery plan for Merchandise Management.
- Support Programme managers to scope new initiatives and outcomes.
- Coordination: Interact and communicate with other tech teams and lead delivery of cross team dependencies and hand-offs
- Scoping: Work with BAs, SAs, QAs and 3rd party development teams to manage the gathering of requirements ensuring that all the work of the outcome is included.
- Financial Management: Plan, estimate, and control costs so that the project can be completed within the approved budget. Manage Statements of Work, Purchase Orders and time sheeting in line with contracts and ASOS policy.
- Stakeholder Management: Use the appropriate channels (formal and informal) and language (technical/non-technical) to ensure that stakeholders always feel up to date with progress, issues and risks.
- Quality Management: Ensure the result of an outcome meets the needs for which the project was executed; includes quality planning, assurance, and control. Ensure all cycles of testing are undertaken and defects managed in accordance with agreed priorities.
- Resource and Team Management: Organise and manage the outcome team; including training, aligning on outcome objectives and goals, defining roles for an outcome and assigning team members to roles. Ensure ‘Ways of Working’ are developed, instilled in the team and continually reviewed.
- Risk Management: Identify and assess project risks (opportunities and threats). Implement mitigation actions.
- Supplier Management: Performance manage the 3rd Party resource provider to meet SLA and contract obligations.
- Service Readiness: Manage the service readiness plan for the area. Hold operational accountability and be the primary management escalation.
- Control: Monitor and control outcomes using key indicators. Take appropriate management action and escalates where appropriate.
We are looking or someone who...
- Has a minimum of 5 years experience in delivering Software Project.
- Demonstrates experience in either Agile, Scrum or Feature Driven Delivery.
- Has flexibility in leadership style, dependant on the situation and audience.
- Enjoys working with others cross functionally, developing teamwork and collaboration
- Has experience running a Scrum team with line management responsibilities.
- Has worked in a Software Engineering environment.
- Has run support teams or teams with operational accountabilities.
- Has experience working on major business transformation or ERP programmes
- Has a strong understanding of Agile principles, process and practices & a track record implementing these in large complex areas.
- Has experience managing third parties.
- Is a great people person with excellent communication skills.
- Takes a mature approach to change and respond positively.
- Has experience in managing project finances.
What's in it for you?
A truly unique and agile working environment where you’ll be surrounded by a diverse range of passionate experts, with two common interests: technology & innovation
- Generous salary, bonus and pension matching
- Life insurance, free private medical care, cycle to work scheme + more
- A bespoke flexible benefits scheme catered to you
- Best in class Learning & Development schemes and career development programmes
- 25 days holiday + never work on your birthday again!
- Free modern onsite gym, plus personal training and wellness rooms
- Tech Develops days– one day per month dedicated to developing yourself and developing others within Tech
- Tech Presents days- breakfast mornings to collaborate and share your work with other teams
- A dynamic social environment, from company-wide sports days, charity days, ‘Give A Week Away’ opportunities to visit our charity partners in India, company-wide celebrations across Christmas and Summer to name just a few
- Huge staff discounts and sample sales
- Plus much more…