A bit about the team:
ASOS Studios is a team of creative professionals; working together to ensure the entire production process is run seamlessly. Itâ€™s incredibly diverse, built up of several departments ranging from Studio, Shoot Operations, Retouching, Copy Writing and Production itself. Itâ€™s a very busy, very exciting area to be a part of. Requiring constant communication between the team and all the other areas of the business.
The Creative Lead will report into the Senior Content Manager as part of the Content Development Team. The main focus of the role is to creatively develop content produced by ASOS Studios to be of the highest quality, highly engaging for the ASOS customer and aligned to ASOS brand principles. You will provide strong guidance to all levels of the department from a creative perspective.
You will be a focused, driven, hardworking individual that has the maturity and empathy to brief, manage and direct a large team of people across varying levels of role. You must be able to remain calm and professional in highly pressured situations while maintaining a positive and proactive attitude. This role demands a strong team player with exceptional communication skills who is eager to learn and develop and can grasp new information very quickly. You will also be flexible and have the ability to think outside of the box and bring new ideas to the team.
You will be able to identify with the ever-changing requirements of a large studio team. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of five years styling experience, and a solid understanding of the technical workings of a studio (including photography).
It is vital to build and maintain strong relationships with Senior Management internally and externally to Production, meaning you must be outstanding in your communication skills.
Responsibilities will include:
The Lead Creativeâ€™s key responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Create and deliver the strongest visual aesthetic across all areas of. To be delivered through the lens of the ASOS brand identity, with the 20 something customer at the forefront
- Art direct and brief teams on all elevated shoots. Including; Location, set builds and focus shoots.
- Be able to effectively translate the ASOS creative strategy and emphasise itâ€™s themes within all areas of work
- Continually drive the aesthetic of ASOS content to the next level, to be the best in the industry
- Provide strong, clear and aspirational creative guidance and support to delegates and team from a creative standpoint
- Complete understanding of the segments (customer profiles) and the individual elements which combine to create them, and subsequently their execution
- Consistent research and understanding of shows, new trends, street style, social movements, Instagram etc to stay inspired, in order to bring the freshest ideas/approach to every shoot
- Work with lead photographer and stylist to evolve the aesthetics of the site creatively
- Complete understanding of wider ASOS brand purpose and strategy, and how this reflects in your area
- A firm understanding of customer engagement and feedback in order to improve customer experience.
- Maintain constant awareness of competitors, be ahead of the curve
- Provide strong support to ensure the studio team have everything they need support and resource wise form a creative mentoring perspective to deliver world class e-commerce product pages
- Consistently strive to think outside the box with all processes and projects showing initiative and innovation
Skills and Experience Required:
- Minimum 5 years fashion experience essential
- Experience in Art Direction essential
- Mix of E commerce and editorial fashion experience preferred
- Experience in advertising and campaign production is preferred
- Experience working in a production environment with thorough knowledge of studio production processes
- Excellent fashion and photographic understanding
- Understanding of working in different mediums, stills, video, post production, VFX
- General skills in graphic design preferred
- Ability to stay calm in a fast-paced environment and remain proactive and professional
- Be able to rapidly adapt to change
- Excellent organizational, administrative, time management and oral communication skills
- Be a strong team player who is eager to learn and can grasp new information quickly
- Understanding of current catwalk trends and how these relate to the ASOS customer
- High level of industry fashion experience
- Keen attention to detail