MARKETING AT ASOS
Our approach to marketing has a few defining characteristics – an obsession with our customers, belief in the power of creativity, an investment mindset, a ‘full funnel’ philosophy, and a belief in evidence-based decisions.
We reach our audience through various means in order to grow ASOS as the definitive fashion destination for 20-somethings around the world.
As a key part of our end-to-end customer experience management the ASOS Marketing function covers a breadth of tactics, stretching across loyalty marketing, culturally relevant brand content, pay-for-performance marketing, local trade marketing, broad reach advertising, and influencer marketing to name a few. We utilise several measurement practices, but primarily rely on continual controlled experiments as our primary ‘source of truth’ in measuring marketing investment return.
Our teams and activities align and integrate cross-functionally with shared objectives to manage autonomous teams. And of course, we strive to continually evolve, pushing outside industry convention through creative experimentation, marketing tech, and advanced data applications.
The Customer Audience Strategy Lead is a pivotal role. This individual will develop a Customer Audience Strategy to maximise Customer value in a way which is aligned with our overarching strategy across all channels (email, push, onsite, paid media, and customer care). They will work closely with other ASOS teams such as Customer Insight, Tech, Email/Push operations, and Media investment, to take decisions based on data, using test and trial strategies produce measurable increases in Customer value
You will …
- Define and execute Customer Audience strategy across all communication channels to maximise the number of active customers and Customer value (revenue and profit)
- Define and implement a cohesive and personalised interaction approach for the customer across all touchpoints to drive next best action
- Collaborate with and utilise the wider Marketing team, including Media Investment and Brand Management to implement the Audience strategy in order to maximise Customer acquisition and Customer Lifetime Value
- Collaborate with and utilise our Tech function, Data Science team and Insights and Analytics teams to develop a predictive Customer Profit model and enable all channels for communication to increase customer loyalty
- Prioritise high return opportunities to increase Customer Profit through data analysis and a systemic experimentation approach
- Develop optimal templates for relevant channels (e.g. email, onsite) to balance personalised messaging and automated, personalised content to increase customer frequency and engagement
- Measure, evaluate and improve Customer Audience strategy effectiveness
- Direct line management of Marketing Managers and Marketing Analysts
We’d love to meet, someone with…
- Proven track record of creating and executing a Customer Audience strategy across multiple communication channels in a multi-national organisation
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills, using relevant data to inform decision making and achieve the best outcome for the business
- Data analytics training and experience is essential, with SQL preferred.
- Line management experience. Experience of managing Analysts
- Experience of project management in large-scale organisations, involving multiple stakeholders
- Digital mindset and/or consulting experience
- Ability to simplify complex problems, and communicate in a structured and pragmatic approach
- Proven track record of managing and influencing a group of diverse stakeholders at different levels of organisation, internal and external collaboration
- Self-initiative and ability to deal with ambiguity
- Strong communication skills and collaborative personality
- Solution oriented, thinks outside of existing structure/ process to make things happen
- Embraces and champions the benefits of change within the wider team
- Strong awareness of current trends, Retail Market conditions and opportunities within a Global context
- Ability to recognise game changing innovations and introduce relevant capability improvements
- Ability to switch between the strategic visioning and the detail
- Bachelor's degree; or educated to degree level. An advanced graduate degree preferred (e.g., MBA, PhD, etc)