The only thing consistent in ASOS is change. We are always striving to be our best selves so that we can deliver a market leading proposition and outstanding products for our customers. To remain the number one fashion destination for 20 somethings and continually disrupt the market, we need to ensure that we are constantly evolving.
As our evolution and growth continues it is becoming increasingly important that we are deliberately thoughtful and disciplined around how we manage our change and transformation landscape. Having a systematic yet agile approach to delivering change whilst keeping a holistic view of activity, will ensure we avoid unwanted or unforeseen outcomes and will enable speed, efficiency and ultimately deliver results and ensure we achieve our strategic aims.
You’ll play a pivotal role in helping us plan and track our Transformation Portfolio, which is made up of several Programmes and Workstreams (approximately c.50 in-flight at any given time). This role will require shaping the planning strategy and devising a framework which leverages best practices across ASOS, whilst pioneering and embedding new ways of working within the Change & Transformation team and the wider business.
What you’ll be doing:
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Responsibility for leading the ASOS Transformation Portfolio planning, devising and maintain the planning strategy and framework including setting planning policy, standards, process and tooling.
- Building and embedding the Portfolio Master Plan in MS Project with an integrated Planning Engine to drive portfolio reporting, deviation / variance analysis and end to end dependency / critical path management.
- Ensuring programmes and workstreams understand the appropriate delivery methodology and logic to apply when planning an initiative.
- Applying advanced planning knowledge in the discipline of portfolio planning for the analysis and successful resolution of risks / issues; validation of base assumptions and identification of potential opportunities.
- Devising and embedding the planning cadence aligning to the portfolio / executive reporting rhythms and sequencing.
- Providing assurance to ASOS senior leadership on current portfolio health whilst planning is being embedded within BAU; highlighting and escalating any planning exceptions / radar items, providing interventions and solution options for ASOS senior leadership to act upon.
- Managing and running planning workshops / meetings with programmes and workstreams to create, maintain and troubleshoot plans.
- Building planning capability across C&T i.e. upskilling key members of the team, with the aim of transitioning the day to day running of the Integrated Portfolio Plan over time.
We’d love to meet someone with:
- Expertise in Change & Transformation (Portfolio, Programme and Project) planning.
- Expertise in dependency management and critical path analysis.
- Substantial complex Business and Technology Change & Transformation experience.
- Considerable PMO (or similar i.e. Transformation Office) experience.
- Significant experience leading initiatives including full understanding of programme / project management, delivery methodologies (e.g. Agile and Waterfall), together with PMO disciplines and techniques.
- Excellent stakeholder management skills and ability to coach, guide, and mentor.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Experience of creating management information and presentations for senior leaders.
- Collaborative by nature.
- Comfortable working with ambiguity.
- Intermediate to Advanced Microsoft Office skills with particular emphasis on Project and Excel.
- Process driven, autonomous and an organised completer/finisher.
- Excellent time management skills – planning and managing workload.